Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (Seekingwisdom, tbkkfile, Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441952 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18550 - 07/20/05 04:56 AM Deborah LaFave
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Couldn't take it any more today. Talk show hosts saying how the 14 year old boy was "lucky" to have been to be "seduced" by his teacher. And that she is so hot that he couldn't possibly be traumatized!!

When will they get it that boys can be raped. couldn't get ht e number to call, but emailed the last host I heard and the program director for the station.

Until people wake up and realize that kids can't say yes or no, there is just some much frustrating ignorance out there.

Well I guess all I an do is continue to speak out and remind them that rape is rape and kids are not an acceptable object of lust.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#18551 - 07/20/05 09:23 AM Re: Deborah LaFave
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
It disgusts me. What is even worse is the number of female teachers who were abusing students who were caught in the few months following this one. And people snicker, and say 'oh yes, abuse, the poor poor boy' like it is some f*ing punchline. It demeans all of us.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#18552 - 07/20/05 10:32 AM Re: Deborah LaFave
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I emailed some goon from a national newspaper who said that boys of 14 seduce men, and that in the 70s it was a common thing.

Whatever the era, I do not think that these kids seduce men, it is rather that these men prey on these kids because of their past.

Who spawns the rent boys, and prostitutes?
The cycle continues because of ignorance and denial,

I grieve,

ste

#18553 - 07/20/05 02:48 PM Re: Deborah LaFave
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Ken, please PM the show details to me so I can check it out.

#18554 - 07/20/05 05:05 PM Re: Deborah LaFave
demonboi Offline

Loc: East Coast
That's not right, to say it like its not a big thing cos it is.

Every hour, cause it's all good
Leave all the stress from the world outside
Every wrong done will be alright
Nothin but peace, love
And street passion, every ghetto needs a thug mansion

#18555 - 07/20/05 11:22 PM Re: Deborah LaFave
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
On a similar line it pissed me off when I went into my local supermarket on Monday. Got to the CD section and was faced with a mountain of michael jacksons latest CD (greatest hits). *Lack of capitals intentional.

I know he got off, but jurors did say that they believed he had abused boys in the past, that they just didn't think they had enough evidence this time.

I was disgusted at the indecent haste that the record company had taken in releasing this CD. Disgusted that the Supermarket was stocking it & exceedingly disgusted that 'The Great British Public' were buying the thing!

It's displayed as 'Offer of the week'. The store is very quiet on a morning & it wouldn't take much effort to add a label that changed this to 'Pervert of the week'.

Best wishes ...Rik

#18556 - 07/21/05 12:23 AM Re: Deborah LaFave
medicb4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sweden
The "Michael Jackson loves children" crowd really wind me up.

Mikey likes having SEX with CHILDREN - HE NEEDS TO BE IN JAIL.

but the worst are the parents - what would you do if your son came home and said "Dad, can I go to Neverland"?

#18557 - 07/21/05 03:56 AM Re: Deborah LaFave
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Below is text from opinion piece at http://www.970wfla.com

"Deborah LaFave Should Not Go to Prison

Tedd Webb - Clear Channel, Tampa

My email has been burning with folks taking umbrage with my proclamation that former school teacher Deborah LaFave should not go to prison. Passions run high on this one, women all feel she should go, men appear to be a bit more sensitive to her situation.

LaFave is accused of having sex with a 14 year old male student. Women have called this rape, I say you can’t rape the willing. I am not defending LaFave for her actions, I am saying she should not go prison. Nothing would be served.

One lady emailer said that “we don’t know what damage the boy has suffered”. Trust me sister, he is going to be just fine. He is not having nightmares, he is not suffering from an eating disorder, he will be fine.

Of the men who emailed chastising my opinion, one said she should be punished for breaking the law. I agree, but not prison time. Put LaFave on probation, make sure she never teaches again.

Moms will always think of their sons as babies, no matter what age. Recall that famous movie from 1971, “The Summer of 42” starring Jennifer O’Neil and Gary Grimes; except for the names, there appears to be a similar situation. There was no outcry when the movie was released.

Trust me Mom, Junior is going to be OK."

End of piece.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#18558 - 07/21/05 07:23 AM Re: Deborah LaFave
medicb4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sweden
AARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

#18559 - 07/21/05 10:26 PM Re: Deborah LaFave
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
Since I have homosexual feelings, I guess, following this idiot's train of thought, I should be considered "lucky" that I was seduced, raped, traumatized, and degraded when I was 11.

Yeah, sure, pardon my language, but I was really fucking "lucky," wasn't I?

These sonsabitches who think kids who are "seduced" are lucky should have to walk a mile in our shoes.

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.