Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
6 registered (Amandla, traveler, Truth2013, Scott1962, YYZGIRL, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443969 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#185388 - 10/07/07 02:41 AM new member needs suppoort
Mr. Sims15 Offline
New Here

hi group!!!! Im a new member just posting for the first time. my screen name is Mr. Sims15 after a radio DJ tha gave me great solace during the years when I was abused. that was when I was in my early teens. I am now middle aged and am still greatly affected by the abuse of that time and childhood. It was principally of a sexual nature although I was pretty badly assaulted and beaten up by bullys in school for years. Im told survivors of sexual abuse commonly experience difficulty with self protection as a result of the abuse. I am diagnosed w/ PTSD and have really uncomfortable disturbing thoughts of seeking revenge against my attackers to the point where I cant achieve peace within. just need someone to talk to. would also like to be of help to others if I can.

#185389 - 10/07/07 02:55 AM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: Mr. Sims15]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Mr. Sims,

Welcome to Male Survivor! I'm glad that you found us!

Unfortunately, many of the folks here are middle age men who are just starting to deal with our childhood abuse issues. I was lucky enough to find this place and some of the wonderful supportive men here back in 2001. This site gave me the courage to start to deal with my issues of guilt, shame and anger. Today, I'm happy to report - Life if Good!

Recovery is Very Possible!

Brian

#185390 - 10/07/07 03:00 AM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: Mr. Sims15]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
THE FEELINGS THAT YOU ARE EXPERENCING ARE NORMAL . i HAVE FANTISIZED ABOUT KILLING MY "RAPEST" FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS . i WAS DIAGNOISED WITH PTSD ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO . THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEN WHERE YOU ARE AT . YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SHOCK ANY ONE WITH YOUR EXPERENCES

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#185416 - 10/07/07 08:38 AM Re: new member needs suppoort *DELETED* [Re: OKIE MIKE]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

#185417 - 10/07/07 09:04 AM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: ttoon]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Hey, Mr. S

Welcome. I kept my abuse a secret for 37 years, and only started working on recovery last March - this site has been a huge benefit to me. As Michael said, we understand, we have been there - there is no judgement here. There are only the most amazing group of men you will ever find.

Dan

Marge Simpson

#185427 - 10/07/07 10:10 AM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: dannym]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Mr. Sims,

Welcome, I hope you are able to find at least some of the answers you're looking for while interacting with us here. You've come to the right place.

Take your time getting acquainted and only say what you feel you are ready to say. The big rule around here is to make sure you "take care of you" first.

Lots of love,

John

#185556 - 10/07/07 08:26 PM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mr Sims,

Another word of welcome to MaleSurvivor. I know you will find a lot of support here and I hope the site helps you on your path to recovery.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#185557 - 10/07/07 08:29 PM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: roadrunner]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome. This is a wonderful place. Everything you describe is shared by others. You are not alone.

#185559 - 10/07/07 08:42 PM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: testingWaters]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Welcome, Mr. Sims, I'm glad you have found MS. It's a great place for healing with a bunch of great guys who really do "get it" when it comes to talking about the effects of all this.

#185560 - 10/07/07 08:45 PM Re: new member needs suppoort [Re: EGL]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Welcome

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.