Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444146 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#185087 - 10/06/07 02:19 AM CRYING SPELL
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Today I had tears just start roleing down my face, For no apperent reason . I still do not know why

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#185108 - 10/06/07 08:32 AM Re: CRYING SPELL [Re: OKIE MIKE]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Hey, Michael.

I have had similar crying spells - over the past few months. I will be driving down the road and have to pull over until it stops. I will be litening to a radio program, and hear something that would not necessarily make me cry, but there they come.

I talk to my best friend on the phone, and he will say something nice and supportive to me, or I will be telling how much his friendship means, and off I go - he's been really wonderful (he's also a survivor- so he understands) and I just sob for a bit.

I was freaked out at first... and I still am uncomfortable by the loss of control, but I think it is a sign of healing, of letting those feelings come to the surface - that's how it feels for me.

Mic Hunter, in his book Abused Boys, talks about sadness being a stage of recovery - and I have been sad - about the losses I've had and the patterns I've developed... but maybe we are moving forward.

Don't know if that's how it feels to you.... hope this helps

Dan

Marge Simpson

#185122 - 10/06/07 10:23 AM Re: CRYING SPELL [Re: dannym]
pain4ever Offline

Michael its an amazing sign of healing to be able to cry. Its weird I would be walking through the mall or having a good times with friends and even without feeling horrible or sad...teras would start rolling down my face.

Later as I learned about my abuse and had less "spaces" in my memories I woulds notice that maybe it was a smell....something someone said...a song that had been playing at the time.

For me it was the oddest thing to have tears roll down your face without the normal emotion behind it. After I got further along in my healing...the emotions behind the tears showed up.

Hang in their Michael,
Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.