Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
4 registered (ScottSmith, imharpo, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62516 Topics
438106 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#185074 - 10/06/07 12:14 AM the child trapped in me
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
He runs my life, he is scared, he thinks hes a piece of shit. He does not know that it is over.

#185082 - 10/06/07 01:02 AM Re: the child trapped in me [Re: sportinrucks]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Sportinrucks,

I hear you, and know that it is hard to let the child in us know and understand that he no longer needs to be afraid. That's particularly true when we encounter situations in our adult life that evoke the same kind of emotions and feelings as we had as a child, i.e., when we are triggered back into the past. I hope that you will tell the little guy in you that he does not have to be scared, that he is worthy of all you can give him, and that it IS over. He deserves to hear that from you.

#185114 - 10/06/07 09:16 AM Re: the child trapped in me [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Alex,

All I can really do is add to what Eddie has said. Little Alex needs to see you're in charge and will keep him safe. He may also be worried about what you think of him and maybe it's all his fault. He just needs lots of love and assurance. His trust and feeling of safety won't come overnight, but they will come.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#185171 - 10/06/07 12:22 PM Re: the child trapped in me [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

sorry-------------i have been struggling with the same things=================steve

#185237 - 10/06/07 04:04 PM Re: the child trapped in me [Re: sabata]
pain4ever Offline

Yes he does...sometimes take over...but is that so bad?

Not that he needs to be in charge but sometimes our little guy inside needs to be heard.

I havent disassociated in years and had my little guy come out but over the last few days he was quite a bit...at appropriate times....you know what??

I feel so much better right now than i have in years.

Keeping everything inside and trying to keep him from coming out...well it was having detrimental effects on my healing.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.