Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438129 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#184765 - 10/05/07 12:50 AM Isolation
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Lately I just seem to spend most of my time in my bed room alone. I just do not want to be around People .

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#184773 - 10/05/07 01:27 AM Re: Isolation [Re: OKIE MIKE]
patch22 Offline
New Here

Loc: Ireland
Michael, know how you feel, felt a bit like that for much of my life. I can only truly relax when I'm deep in a forest with just my dog and little woodland creatures for company. Or in a big city where I know nobody and don't have to talk to anyone - best of all at night.
Before I was married there were days on end when I couldn't bear to be near other humans - I often used to stay awake at night and sleep during the day so that I didn't have to interact with People.
But I guess getting married & having kids has worked out well - wouldn't suit everyone.
Hope you find a way to engage with humanity again, at least a bit.
(It may not be much help but my method was to go into late night bars and chat casually to strangers occasionally.)
Paddy

#184774 - 10/05/07 01:28 AM Re: Isolation [Re: OKIE MIKE]
patch22 Offline
New Here

Michael, know how you feel, felt a bit like that for much of my life. I can only truly relax when I'm deep in a forest with just my dog and little woodland creatures for company. Or in a big city where I know nobody and don't have to talk to anyone - best of all at night.
Before I was married there were days on end when I couldn't bear to be near other humans - I often used to stay awake at night and sleep during the day so that I didn't have to interact with People.
But I guess getting married & having kids has worked out well - wouldn't suit everyone.
Hope you find a way to engage with humanity again, at least a bit.
(It may not be much help but my method was to go into late night bars and chat casually to strangers occasionally.)
Paddy

#184775 - 10/05/07 01:31 AM Re: Isolation [Re: patch22]
patch22 Offline
New Here

Sorry I've accidentally posted twice, like you did. Smart advice from Broken Soul.
Paddy

#184800 - 10/05/07 03:56 AM Re: Isolation [Re: patch22]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Michael - I've been at that low point. What I started to do, was write lists of things to do. It might be simple things like washing the pots, doing some ironing, watering the plants, making something to eat. Once I got that side of me going again, I set more difficult tasks, like doing some decorating, emptying a cupboard, going for a long walk.

It's not easy I know, but give it a try, you never know.

Once you get out of that room, then you can start thinking about people again!

Best wishes ...Rik

#184827 - 10/05/07 09:58 AM Re: Isolation [Re: RICK57]
pain4ever Offline

Michael,

I know how yu feel...for me it was that the shame of what was done to me was too much and I thought that people would see it in me. The other was the trust factor...I couldnt trust everyone and I thought, because of a few abuse situations, that I could be snatched again.

So I stayed in my room...by myself because i knew that I was safe with me.

Aside from that it was because I had so much flying through my mind that anything anyone whined to me about some stupid issue, I would snap at them.

At the time i thought it was best for everyone I was out of the human population, but shortly I figured it was quite the opposite. I had to get out to heal.

I am so sorry Michael...things will get better!
Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.