Newest Members
NeverAgainSB, It Just Is, HealingHope, StormyWeather, Clark Anthony
12803 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (56), bubblytam (57), crazydragon (40), JGag78 (37), kris82 (33), Shin (29)
Who's Online
10 registered (betrayed boy, iaccus, Alyosha, 6 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12803 Members
75 Forums
66040 Topics
461702 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#184765 - 10/05/07 12:50 AM Isolation
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Lately I just seem to spend most of my time in my bed room alone. I just do not want to be around People .

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#184773 - 10/05/07 01:27 AM Re: Isolation [Re: OKIE MIKE]
patch22 Offline
New Here

Loc: Ireland
Michael, know how you feel, felt a bit like that for much of my life. I can only truly relax when I'm deep in a forest with just my dog and little woodland creatures for company. Or in a big city where I know nobody and don't have to talk to anyone - best of all at night.
Before I was married there were days on end when I couldn't bear to be near other humans - I often used to stay awake at night and sleep during the day so that I didn't have to interact with People.
But I guess getting married & having kids has worked out well - wouldn't suit everyone.
Hope you find a way to engage with humanity again, at least a bit.
(It may not be much help but my method was to go into late night bars and chat casually to strangers occasionally.)
Paddy

#184774 - 10/05/07 01:28 AM Re: Isolation [Re: OKIE MIKE]
patch22 Offline
New Here

Michael, know how you feel, felt a bit like that for much of my life. I can only truly relax when I'm deep in a forest with just my dog and little woodland creatures for company. Or in a big city where I know nobody and don't have to talk to anyone - best of all at night.
Before I was married there were days on end when I couldn't bear to be near other humans - I often used to stay awake at night and sleep during the day so that I didn't have to interact with People.
But I guess getting married & having kids has worked out well - wouldn't suit everyone.
Hope you find a way to engage with humanity again, at least a bit.
(It may not be much help but my method was to go into late night bars and chat casually to strangers occasionally.)
Paddy

#184775 - 10/05/07 01:31 AM Re: Isolation [Re: patch22]
patch22 Offline
New Here

Sorry I've accidentally posted twice, like you did. Smart advice from Broken Soul.
Paddy

#184800 - 10/05/07 03:56 AM Re: Isolation [Re: patch22]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Michael - I've been at that low point. What I started to do, was write lists of things to do. It might be simple things like washing the pots, doing some ironing, watering the plants, making something to eat. Once I got that side of me going again, I set more difficult tasks, like doing some decorating, emptying a cupboard, going for a long walk.

It's not easy I know, but give it a try, you never know.

Once you get out of that room, then you can start thinking about people again!

Best wishes ...Rik

#184827 - 10/05/07 09:58 AM Re: Isolation [Re: RICK57]
pain4ever Offline

Michael,

I know how yu feel...for me it was that the shame of what was done to me was too much and I thought that people would see it in me. The other was the trust factor...I couldnt trust everyone and I thought, because of a few abuse situations, that I could be snatched again.

So I stayed in my room...by myself because i knew that I was safe with me.

Aside from that it was because I had so much flying through my mind that anything anyone whined to me about some stupid issue, I would snap at them.

At the time i thought it was best for everyone I was out of the human population, but shortly I figured it was quite the opposite. I had to get out to heal.

I am so sorry Michael...things will get better!
Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.