Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (pufferfish, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63227 Topics
442142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#18453 - 11/09/02 05:57 PM Re: Wisdom drain at puplic forum?
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Matt:

First of all welcome back from your surgery and I hope that recovery is going well, as well as your recovery as a survivor of SA!

Secondly, not a lot to comment on (isn't that a switch!? ;\) ) as far as the legal considerations you bring up. But I've had some of those concerns as well and I'm glad you brot them up. A lot to think about there, and I appreciate it.

\:D Wuame

#18454 - 11/10/02 12:50 AM Re: Wisdom drain at puplic forum?
Wuamei Offline

Update:

If you haven't noticed already, the U.S. News, Foreign News, and Classified forums are back in the public forum area. Ask the Board is still in the members area, but as far as I can tell is still available to all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

I think that means all the forums that were available publicly before are now too. Again, correct me if I'm wrong; I'm not sure about "forum questions & suggestions." I'm memory-challenged.

Take Care All

Wuame

Wuame

#18455 - 11/11/02 09:05 AM Re: Wisdom drain at puplic forum?
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
There is much more going on in the public forum. It is too early to judge either way. Give it a chance. One never knows what will happen. Anyone is free to join. I do not regret it.
and one is free to be here on the public side of the forum without dues. If men here feel strongly enough they could come up with dues, or atleast a form of service.

At the very least we should support each other, the board is just looking at different ways to improve the site. Not everyone will agree.

safe and healthy site for men who were or are being abused

MJ

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#18456 - 11/12/02 03:55 AM Re: Wisdom drain at puplic forum?
Ross Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
I was away from the site for awhile and came back to the changes. I can understand the need for funding and R NYC's explanation. The thoughts I have regarding a split site with a private members area are:

1. If the decision is really economic then I think of politics, creating a lobby group and professionalization of the organization based on the agenda of a predominantly professional board who want to help survivors. Perhaps not all bad for achieving national impact.

2. If I think of security of survivors and protection from predators or other such creeps I think "nice thought". Is it possible or viable to do it that way and what is the impact of separation of service to the survivors who access this board?

3. Overall I don't feel too bad about it as it is stated that for those who do not have money a way will be made for them to join. I don't know why I have not joined. I am not a creep, (except pre morning coffe time), can prove I am a real live survivor and have the money. I guess I am stubborn and like the idea of common free membership. I also agree funding is possible from other sources.

4. One thing I believe is that no matter how the administration sets things up the cadre of survivors MS serves will find a way to support each other. Those that need help will seek and be sought out by those of who are ready to help and support fellow surviviors.

5. The reality is that all organizations have factions, positions, orientations, agendas and various needs. Groups that can balance these factors without being harsh, manipulative or insensitive have a better chance of living up to their philosophy and mission statement. I hope MS can stay balanced, supportive and caring. Entry points into this group are critical I feel they should be supported with wisdom and ongoing free access.

Sincerely

Ross

#18457 - 11/12/02 08:55 AM Re: Wisdom drain at puplic forum?
Wuamei Offline

Ross:

Good insights! I think it is critical that the problem of male sexual victimization receive the kind of increasing international exposure that will lead to positive healing attitudes & actions in our society on behalf of & working with male survivors.

There is no better organization in place thru which to accomplish such positive exposure & action than Male Survivors. That's becuz there is no better in place than Male Survivors in which we male survivors can mutually support one another internationally.

I see no reason why Male Survivors can't continue to accomplish both: increase exposure of the issue of male sexual victimization internationally and increase support for & between male survivors internationally.

Actually, I don't see how one can happen without the other. They feed each other.

The more we are enabled to support one another & do so, the more credible coverage of the plight of male survivors there will be.

The more we spread the word about our plight & the need for support of every kind, the more good support all male survivors will have & be able to share.

And the very positive cycle will go on...

Wuame

#18458 - 11/14/02 04:11 AM Re: Wisdom drain at puplic forum?
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Thanks for all the throughts. I have been away for an week . I have not read any of your replys but printed them all out and look forward to reading them this week end Muldoon

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.