Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63762 Topics
445302 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#184530 - 10/03/07 10:36 PM Re: manipulative [Re: shadowkid]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
shadow, i dont know, but it might be simmilar. am i intimidating? i think i would say i am more intimidating more than manipulative. both are negatives but with intimidating, i think thats because im blunt. but then am i blunt because im manipulating people? ugh i dont know.

in terms of the site, yeah i have been blunt but not because im trying to shock people its because i really want to make a difference. and yeah, sometimes posts can get derailed but really, i am not the only one who comments on something someone says, and not the orginal post. to me, this is a difficult thing. on one side, i can see that the orginal poster can get pissy if you talk about a comment someone makes. but on the other side, it opens it up for the post to other places that the orginal poster might not have expected and that can be enlightening.

thoughts?

#184531 - 10/03/07 10:38 PM Re: manipulative [Re: shadowkid]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

oh and rcm, yeah it does make me feel guilty (just add it to all the other guilt i have) because i dont know when im doing it. and that the unnerving to me. if someone can say "you are manipulating people" or whatever, that to me, is very serious. but what freaks me out is that i honestly dont see it. so thats why i feel guilty.. i mean, am i doing it now?

#184546 - 10/03/07 11:45 PM Re: manipulative [Re: Jarrad]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Wow that is good, but what is the alternative really, to shut up. Feels like almost questioning your very existance.

Second guessed myself for a long long time. Not fun.

Love ya brother
Mike

#184549 - 10/04/07 12:28 AM Re: manipulative [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Thought a bit about this a bit more, Used to tell my "old" friends "sorry, I'll just shut up". Said that alot. New world, new rules. Feels kinda good \:\)

Mike

#184551 - 10/04/07 12:32 AM Re: manipulative [Re: mogigo]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Jarrad i feel like you are a manipulative sob.

just kidding your fun to be around and you say whats on your mind but as much as i have talked to you on here i dont see you as being manipulative at all.

but maybe your just so good at manipulating i dont even realize its being done... oh shit im in trouble now jarrad the puppet master controlling everything at MS....

again im just kidding your not manipulating relax my friend. you have had to go through alot of stuff because of the abuse that happened to you. i hope eventualy you will be able to let the guilt go.

,Chris

#184576 - 10/04/07 01:59 AM Re: manipulative [Re: shadowkid]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: shadowkid
is intimidation the same as manipulation?

No. Intimidation is what Jarrad sometime do. Manipulation is what you done here.

VN

#184705 - 10/04/07 06:58 PM Re: manipulative [Re: VN]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Jarrad;

There are two sides to every communication; the speaker and the listener, or in this case the writer and the reader.

One man's persuasion might be another man's manipulation. I'll let you be the judge.

Also, there are a lot of adjectives that are commonly thought of as being negative but which are not necessarily so. Many people say that because I have an ego, I am an egotist. Having a strong ego is a compliment; it means you are confident and self-aware. Being an egotist is often seen as a negative, meaning self-centered. As far as I'm concerned, they are opposite sides of the same coin.

Selfishness is another one. If someone say's I'm selfish, I take that as a negative. But in reality, everything I do is selfish or in my own best interest. For example, I drive the speed limit because it is selfishly in my best interest not to get a speeding ticket. Likewise, I give my children love, attention and lavish them with gifts when I can, because (from one perspective) it gives me great joy to do so. Sure, they get something out of it too (a loving father and presents!) just like society as a whole gets something out of my not exceeding the speed limit (civil order and less traffic accidents); but that's not the reason I do it. It's all selfishness.

My point is; from what I know of you, you are a selfish, egotistical, manipulative person. And I mean that in the best possible way; I don't think you have a mean-spirited bone in your body. I could also have said that I think you are a confidant, persuasive person who helps others simply for the pleasure of doing so. Same thing, different perspective.

See the difference? (if not, I can elaborate even MORE... LOL)

All the best,

Lazarus

#184722 - 10/04/07 08:15 PM Re: manipulative [Re: Lazarus]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

haha no i get it laz. that an interesting way of putting it. i had never thought about it in that light. thanks.

#185953 - 10/09/07 06:30 PM Re: manipulative [Re: Jarrad]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Boy, I sure know how to kill a conversation, don't I???

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.