Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (ebenjen), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#184377 - 10/03/07 11:36 AM Triggered at Work, Little Tommy comes out fighting
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN

It has been a hard week for me here at Male Survivor, at home and at work and it all came to a head last night when my boss tried to give me two day off. I work at a electronic company building circuit boards and usually work alone on a machine. Once in a great while I am forced to go work on the Wave which is a moving line with 7 other people. I hate that job and the last time I worked the wave I all most had a panic attack. I talked with the guys in my Healing Circle and they gave me good tips on how to control myself which I used last night.

Someone else set up my station on the wave and all the id tags for the parts weren't showing so I was having a hard time making sure I had the correct parts. Forgetting where I was,
I said out loud, Boy is this ever F*****.

I didn't think anything of it until 30 minutes later when my line leader,Peggy, came and took me into the office. The head boss Russ told Peggy to write me up and send me home for 2 days. Man everyone uses that word around there but now I am being written up.

I started triggering out. One of my issues have ales been having respect for authority. I have none, don't trust anyone in authority and only respect them if they earn it. This all goes back to when I was 11 years old and told on Father R. I was told back then by the church board that I was unbelievable.

Little Tommy came ragging out last night and he demanded that,Russ confront us. We thought that the two days off was way excessive. I could feel little Tommy trying to take control and that wouldn't of been good. He would of told Russ off and I would of been fired for sure. So many time in the past his anger got me into trouble. I have learned so much these last few years and was able to control Tommy's anger. It was like I had two minds, what Tommy wanted to say and what Tom did say. In the end Russ torn up the paper work and I went back to work. It felt so good to be able to control this and get a positive result.

Tom

#184389 - 10/03/07 12:26 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: Muldoon]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Congratulations, Tom! Managing your anger is a HUGE accomplishment! (one i'm still working on) I hope little Tommy saw the results and learns to trust you to control things more.

And congratulations on having the paper work torn up and getting to go back to work.

*Happy Dance Time*

I hope you have, or soon will, take little Tommy out and celebrate. Get out the toys and play!!

M

#184450 - 10/03/07 04:18 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: MarkK]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

((((((((Tom))))))))

#184455 - 10/03/07 05:21 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: FLRich]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Tom,

I'm glad it went well. I'm also learning something about myself from your post.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#184466 - 10/03/07 06:01 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: FormerTexan]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

That is GREAT, Tom! \:\)

#184473 - 10/03/07 06:53 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: Dewey2k]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Tom,

Good work. I bet Little Tommy has learned something from this as well. I'm glad it worked out for you like this.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#184478 - 10/03/07 07:00 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

tom------------------boy-----------------you sound so much like me-----------------with athority figures-------------and anger at work------------------glad it went well----------------steve

#184644 - 10/04/07 12:11 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: sabata]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Thanks for the replys guys. When I lost my job in 1993 my boss thought I was on drugs by the way I was acting as he confornted me. Back then I didn't know what he was talking about, didn't understand how he had triggered me.

This time I was able to control things much better. However yesterday my line leader G came up to me and asked how I was doing. Her and R where both worried about me. She told me that they never saw that side of me before. I feel safe with G and wanted her to know I am not crazy, so I opened up. Told her that that was little 11 yo Tommy coming out to defend himself.

She said "I know what you mean Tom I have a little 8 year old living in me." Man that just blew me away we have more in common than I thought.

Tom

Edited by Muldoon (10/07/07 08:58 PM)

#184667 - 10/04/07 02:36 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: Muldoon]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Wow Tom...very cool...you accomplished control over your anger AND discovered something about a coworker that has probably brought the two of you closer.

VERY COOL!

buzz

#184843 - 10/05/07 10:56 AM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: buzz_key]
AJC Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois, USA
Good work Tom!

-Andrew

#184921 - 10/05/07 02:29 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: AJC]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Tom,

Way to go. What a great example for the rest of us. Thanks and congrats...

Army

#184948 - 10/05/07 03:57 PM Re: Triggered at Work and Little Tommy comes out fight [Re: AJC]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Incredible post, Tom, and really good to hear, especially about taking control like this. So many times we relinquish control over aspects of our lives. Glad to hear this worked out good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.