Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (HD001, gatoonfanatic), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443450 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#183864 - 10/01/07 09:02 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: MarkK]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: MarkK

But when I'm angry - the universe knows.

Jeez...in the past, when I've been angry, the entire universe has known...except me.

It's strange how we all process things in different ways, isn't it? It's kind of a testament to our uniquity (is that a word?).

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#183865 - 10/01/07 09:03 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
yeah - i used to have 3 ulcers as proof... but even then it wasn't my anger that was being held in - it was everything else.

but in answer to your initial question - yes, there are times I have wondered what planet people were from - thinking their life was over because the store ran out of their favorite nail polish.

M

#183889 - 10/01/07 09:51 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
jf Offline

totally.

#183907 - 10/01/07 10:40 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. *DELETED* [Re: melliferal]
nicky Offline

Post deleted by nicky

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#183958 - 10/02/07 05:43 AM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: nicky]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

i feel like this sometimes too. but its all relative as well. unfortunately, it does annoy me.

#183959 - 10/02/07 06:13 AM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Two consecutive posts on the extremes struck me as really illustrative of how it can go:

But when I'm angry - the universe knows.

And then:

Originally Posted By: melliferal
Be glad you can express it!

Internalization can hurt in lots of ways. \:\(

Both so true! What a great idea for a thread.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#183961 - 10/02/07 06:23 AM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mark,

but in answer to your initial question - yes, there are times I have wondered what planet people were from - thinking their life was over because the store ran out of their favorite nail polish.

Your comment here recalled to my memory some of the stuff that made me wonder the same thing when other kids groused about stuff:

1. Is so-and-so fat?
2. Why doesn't the pay phone give change when all you have is a quarter?
3. Why isn't there more chocolate milk in the milk machine?
4. Why is my bus stop at the beginning of the route?
5. Why did you forget to take out the trash?

Meanwhile, I'm thinking what's the best way to kill myself.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#184071 - 10/02/07 11:50 AM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: roadrunner]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Good lord - sometimes I want to scream at other people "Your problems, let me tell you something...." and other times I think "Why did what happened to me bother me so much when <fill in the name> has so much more to be screwed up about." so I get confused about that too. What the hell!!

And as for emotions, one therapist I saw said I was a totally blank slate - she said "You sit there and I can't tell what you are thinking at all." and that I could not read other people non-verbal communications. She even went so far as to suggest I had Asperger Syndrome. I have not flushed that out or discussed it with a Nuerologist yet, it was hard enough just to go in for a routine check up. So when I get angry - nobody knows - usually not even me.

Edited by kellygtx (10/02/07 02:09 PM)

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#184243 - 10/02/07 10:07 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think usually I feel the opposite. That my problems are not importent enough to bother people with. And then once in the while, I feel things get 'back up' enough inside that I just make some crazy post saying everything I should been saying for a few months. And then it start again.

VN

#184259 - 10/02/07 11:47 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: VN]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mel,

I think when people snivel over the minor stuff all the time they may actually be in denial about the really bad things that have happened in their life so they major in the minor stuff. Subconsciously if they can do that they don't have to face the really big issues, you know?

What a way to live, eh?

Yeah, from our side it can get really irritating, but I try to remember that in actuality their problems may be a lot worse than mine because of what they may indeed actually be doing. Kind of changes the perspective a little.

Lots of love,

John

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.