Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (motmcd, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63360 Topics
443055 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#183828 - 10/01/07 07:14 PM My problems are worse than yours, so shut up.
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Have you ever, deep down, really wanted to just scream that at somebody? Like, if you overhear someone sniveling about how his/her life is "ruined" because of something really inane, like missing a concert or date because of work, or something stupid like this? I mean, you get real angry over it?

Is this jealousy, or callousness? Maybe I'm just on a selfish kick lately.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#183830 - 10/01/07 07:23 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
i feel like that alot. i think its normal. i find myself getting really selfish lately but i don't think thats bad, some times we need to put our selves first.

i think its important to remember though that we dont know peoples whole story... so when they say their life is ruined because they are missing a date there might be something deeper to what they are saying.... maybe they are saying they feel like they are all alone and no one cares about them.

then again maybe they are just a drama queen who knows \:\)

Edited by theatrekid (10/01/07 07:24 PM)

#183831 - 10/01/07 07:29 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: theatrekid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Geez...I'm like the opposite.

You know, my mom just disowned me, my niece is in the hospital, I have a migraine from the stress, and I just threw up my lunch. Yeah, I'll stay late so you can make your massage appointment.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#183832 - 10/01/07 07:32 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: BJK]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Bryan i used to be like that... but these last few months i have really changed almost to the complete opposite of that.

once i learned i could say no to people its like i havnt stoped

#183834 - 10/01/07 07:42 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: theatrekid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I remember being 8 years old....during the peak of my troubles with "them" and thinking that I would dearly LOVE to have the problems of the other kids in the neighborhood. Nothing has changed in that regard.

But now I'm old enough to have seen people with worse problems than mine.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#183840 - 10/01/07 07:57 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: Still]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have seen people with worse problems than me; a lot of them are right here. But as I said, sometimes I get these moments where people complain about the smallest things just makes me furious.

I don't show it, of course - nobody can tell when I'm angry. But I know I'm angry.

#183845 - 10/01/07 08:13 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Melliferal,

Some people just don't see how fortunate they are. The feeling you describe isn't something I experience so much anymore, but there were times I felt like I must have dropped onto the earth from another planet - all the inane bickering and squabbling just made no sense to me.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#183858 - 10/01/07 08:49 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
omg i totally feel like that.

#183861 - 10/01/07 08:59 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: melliferal]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: melliferal
I don't show it, of course - nobody can tell when I'm angry. But I know I'm angry.

Wow. I have no idea what that is like. Not that people can tell what I'm thinking - except when I'm angry...

But when I'm angry - the universe knows.

M

#183862 - 10/01/07 09:01 PM Re: My problems are worse than yours, so shut up. [Re: MarkK]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Be glad you can express it!

Internalization can hurt in lots of ways. \:\(

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.