Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (iaccus, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447597 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#183633 - 09/30/07 08:46 PM Is fetishism and abuse connected?
chrispy Offline

Loc: Missouri
I recently watched a movie called "Mercy" its a murder mystery that involves some unusual BDSM scenerios, etc.

Ironically, it basically shows that all the characters involved (4-5 women and a few men) were abused in some way in their childhood. One women is actually a serial killer a cop is trying to track down. The killer is re-enacting some revenge on her mother for letting her father/boyfriend abuse her as a child.

The link I seem to see in this movie is that all the characters were abused as kids and are into alternative sexual life styles. Is this common?

I know this a movie, but since i'm curious about the alternative community, i'm wondering if anyone has the same issues or if there are any professionals here that can answer my questions.

By the way, Peta Wilson will be in a new movie that called Gardens of Night that will be very emotional for anyone who trying to recover from abuse. I still look forward to this movie coming out because the public needs to know how vulnerable their children can be. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0933959/

#183640 - 09/30/07 09:14 PM Re: Is fetishism and abuse connected? [Re: chrispy]
brokensoul Offline

I would say yes there is some connection but not a complete one. There are survivors that don't practice fetish type sex. There are people that are into fetish type sex that have no abuse of any type in their history. Then their are survivors that are not into it but use it as a way to act out. If you Google bdsm abuse survivors you will get plenty to read and you can gain some idea of how the two can be related but not always. So guess what I have not helped at all have I. \:\)

But my wife and I do practice some light BD&SM and we are both survivors.

brokensoul.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.