Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (woodenshoes, focusedbody, Esposa, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445524 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#183250 - 09/28/07 10:10 PM Re: My one hug [Re: Hauser]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

they never been hurt hauser, they had no reason not to hug .

#183251 - 09/28/07 11:00 PM Re: My one hug [Re: shadowkid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Wow, that's a GOOD point.

#183438 - 09/29/07 03:53 PM Re: My one hug [Re: BJK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bryan,

I know how crucial those special people can be. I wept as I read this account of this one and his impact on your life. Do you know if he's still alive? If he is you might want to get in touch. That's what I've been doing and it's helping me a lot.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#183457 - 09/29/07 06:32 PM Re: My one hug [Re: roadrunner]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

I think you brought up a great idea. I know how difficult the job of teacher/principal can be. I think at my next T session, I'm going to talk with my T about sending him a letter.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will remember me.

Thank you to everyone who has responded here.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#183458 - 09/29/07 06:42 PM Re: My one hug [Re: BJK]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bryan --

When I was 8 my 2nd grade teacher tried to put barrettes in my hair because my hair was too long. You can scarcely imagine how terrified I was. Being abused at home and having a teacher publicly feminize you like that - hoo boy. The story ends with me throwing getting surrounded by the class and throwing a heavy book at her head.

She was wrong to do what she did and the incident would probably spark enough controversy to wind up on the Drudge Report if it happened today, but still - your story here makes me want to write her a letter to explain why I was so freaked out and to let her know (though I think she retired) that there is often alot going on with a boy that a teacher has no way to know. That it might be alot more helpful to talk to kids.

I bet this guy would really appreciate the letter. Hope your T thinks you should do it.

Love, TW

#183462 - 09/29/07 07:18 PM Re: My one hug [Re: testingWaters]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Bryan

I have a teacher who im pretty close to... i asked him why he teaches and he said because he enjoys knowing that he might have made a difference in a childs life. i bet your old principle would think the same. i agree with Larry you should try to get in touch with him if you can.

,Chris

#183689 - 10/01/07 02:47 AM Re: My one hug [Re: theatrekid]
copenbay Offline

Hi Bryan,

Yes, that was a special time, and I'm glad you shared that with us. I was almost in tears when I finished reading. It's tough when the hugs are so few and far between. In fact, I've promised myself when I see Dad in heaven we'll hug then as we couldn't here on Earth. I've had good moments like that, too, where a hug has helped me. And I'd give you a hug too, if I met you.

Ed

#183700 - 10/01/07 07:12 AM Re: My one hug [Re: BJK]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
Thanks for talking about your experience. I certainly would give you a hug if I could. You deserved it then and certainly a whole bunch more before and after your experience.

Glad that your here and that we can be part of your life.

B

#184265 - 10/03/07 12:28 AM Re: My one hug [Re: Barney]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bryan,

I'm late to this thread but I want to thank you for sharing that story. It is amazing to me the difference just one person can make in a kids life with a single act of kindness. My eyes were wet as well when I was reading.

Thanks,

John

#185279 - 10/06/07 05:44 PM Re: My one hug [Re: WalkingSouth]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

My T has agreed with the idea of sending this letter. I'm going to write it this weekend and pop it into the mail next week.

Thank you again to everyone who has responded. This thread has turned into something awesome for me.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.