Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
6 registered (traveler, GT13568, YYZGIRL, OKIE MIKE, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63429 Topics
443427 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#183297 - 09/29/07 08:25 AM How do you pay for your therapy
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA

Edited by rcm (09/29/07 10:33 AM)

#183302 - 09/29/07 08:40 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: rcm]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
rcm,

I know how you feel. I live in the UK, so for a long time m therapy was paid for by the National Health Service. I was very grateful, because normally they cover only about 10 hours and I got over 100. But then my T retired and now if I want to continue it will have to be on my own account.

I too make "too much money", and I guess I am very well paid, but even so, laying down over $150.00/hour (everything is more expensive over here) seems a huge burden to me. My wife asked me, "If if were for one of the kids would you pay it?," and my answer was of course yes, without a moment's hesitation. So there seems to be an issue rattling around in my head about laying down this much money for myself.

It will be interesting to see what kind of responses you get from the USA.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#183303 - 09/29/07 08:45 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy *DELETED* [Re: rcm]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by ttoon

Edited by ttoon (09/29/07 08:46 AM)

#183304 - 09/29/07 09:11 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: ttoon]
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
My insurance pays 100% if i go to a T who participates with my carrier. But I didn't like any of them. So, I got a T off this board and my insurance pays 80% after a deductible is met.
Larry, my T is also $150.00 an hour - as are all of them around me. (hmmm I smell a price hike in the air) I think most companies have that sort of arrangement. But the deductible can be quite sizable for some companies. I am happy to pay 30.00 out of my pocket for this guy. He's LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - not a Phd and is very good and has lots of experience with CSA.
As a last resort, call the rape crisis help line. In our county it is free to all, no matter what income.
it's a nightmare. good luck
Paul

#183319 - 09/29/07 10:01 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: Paul1959]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
How do I pay for therapy - I get what I can from my insurance company. If I get zero from them, then I pay from my pocket.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#183325 - 09/29/07 10:31 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: FormerTexan]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Ok I gues this was a stupid question. Never mind

Edited by rcm (09/29/07 10:38 AM)

#183328 - 09/29/07 10:36 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: rcm]
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC

Edited by Paul1959 (09/29/07 10:38 AM)

#183330 - 09/29/07 10:38 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: Paul1959]
pain4ever Offline

Insurance is the only way I can afford Therapy!

#183332 - 09/29/07 10:46 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: FormerTexan]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
When I first came forward to the church they offered to pay for my T. What they wanted to do is pay the co-pay part after my insurance. They also gave me the name of two T they thought where good. I had nolthing to do with their guys, didn't trust them and I didn't have anything to do with my insurance company either. I found a good T who was on the list here at the web site and I made the church pay for it all, 100%. I had to drive 2 hours each way to see him but it was a good start on my healing jourany.

After 2 years I got a day job and was unable to go see him. Was with out a T for 6 months. Then I had a chance to go to the Farm in KY which was a place that dealt with healing victims of Clergy Sexual Abuse. I had a 8 day one on one sessions with a very good T. We would have a 2-3 hour session in the morring and again in the afternoon. My time at the farm was a super good Healing Experence I was able to talk about the effects the CSA had on my Audlt life for the first time.

Me and my T from the Farm did phone work after that for the next 2 years. Last year the church cut off their help and I couldn't find any free help down here I was unemployed at the time and had no insurance. So Andy and I started talking about forming a peer suport group on line here at male survivor. In April we started the first Healing Circle. I don't see a T anymore but the Healing Circles have helped a lot in keeping me moving forward. We now have 4 Circles for the guys, and the partners are starting a Healing Circle next week.

I would love to see my old T, he was only charging me $85 instaed of the $135 he normaly get. Should talk with him at least 2 times a month but I am like Larry and haven't spent the money on myself.

So for how the Healing Circles are where I deal with my issues.

Tom

#183333 - 09/29/07 10:50 AM Re: How do you pay for your therapy [Re: Muldoon]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
rcm,

I don't think it was a stupid quesiton at all. I just saw my own perception as very matter-of-fact. I know insurance companies can be difficult to deal with when it comes to off-network versus on-network stuff. There was a time when I could get half of my T visits paid for. Another T I went to see was so off-network, I just paid for it msyelf and lived with that.

I feel like I have caused some undue bad feeling with my response and I apologize for promoting such feelings.

Edited by FormerTexan (09/29/07 10:51 AM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.