Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (Nothing Man, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447616 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#177076 - 08/29/07 11:35 PM Promised Recovery Begins
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
My apologies up front - this may be a more than just a bit long ...

Many of you know of my struggles to get my inner child to trust me, and the hunger to remember everything that happened in my past. There has also been a big tug-of-war inside myself about giving my abuse over to the Lord and letting Him handle it as He wills.

Tonight I went to Worship Team rehearsal, then Bible Study. Our youth pastor taught tonight, and we spent a good amount of time in prayer. Our youth pastor has always been a man of vision, receiving sight from God over different people. He often says they never seem to make much sense to him, but those he has spoken over will also tell you how much the visions ring true in their own hearts.

Anyhoo, tonight he got a vision for me. He saw me standing in a dark corner, crying - and I was a child. I was also there as an adult, just standing beside the young me. The Lord was walking toward us, and I had a hand outstretched and was telling him "No, Lord, I can't." He would say "You can" and continue towards me, but again I would tell him "No, Lord, I can't". (You should know the youth pastor knows nothing about my childhood.)

Little Mark then reached up and took my arm and pulled it to my side. He slipped his hand in mine and looked up at me and said "We can."

We can. We can. Little Mark trusts me. More importantly, he trusts God.

Tonight I gave my abuse to the Lord. Whether or not I ever remember it is no longer important at this time. I hope I do - and I know if I do - it will be at a safe place and time. But even if I don't - it's not mine to worry over any longer. It belongs to my Lord and King.

I've been giggling a lot tonight. Cried a bit at the time - but even then was laughing through the tears.

I am going to recover. God is giving me my complete life. I will be whole.

Mark

ps - Little Mark says "hey" ...

#177104 - 08/30/07 01:07 AM Re: Promised Recovery Begins [Re: MarkK]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Mark

This is SO great and uplifting!!. Our God is so great. I think this is an answer to so many prayers.

Keep us posted please.

#179627 - 09/11/07 10:39 AM Re: Promised Recovery Begins [Re: pietie]
icarus Offline
New Here

Very nice.

#183086 - 09/28/07 08:11 AM Re: Promised Recovery Begins [Re: icarus]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Mark,

The Lord is Good. He cares so deeply for you and has every confidence in you and knows how to tenderly heal you. "He who began this work in you will continue it until He appears again".
AS you and little Mark become one again let his child like trust reapear. Trust in the Lord and trust in others whom He leads you to, and trust Him with the memories. Your a great man Mark, let that show to others. Rejoicing with you!

Blessings,

Army

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.