Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (Johann, DaiseyLady, GT13568, Nothing Man), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64186 Topics
447901 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#18266 - 07/20/05 03:58 AM Re: Why did they pick me? *triggers*
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Nyjah,

I hope that you will be able to find the answers that you are looking for...

I was around 4 when the S/A started - I am pretty sure that I was already being physicaly/mentaly abused at home and so therefore might have shown some kind of weakness that made me more succeptable to him - but I don't think that that was the only reason it happened (at least not in my mind) - I think it happened more because of the opportunity that he knew he had in being able to get me alone and his not being able to control his sexual needs and his mousetrap mindgames (the games he used to play to get out of me the things that he wanted) that he really must have put quite a lot of thought into... - I know that my Uncle took great pleasure in every last thing that he did with me - I was just a pawn in his games - he did'nt care at all about what my 'wants' were - it was all about him...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#18268 - 07/20/05 06:40 AM Re: Why did they pick me? *triggers*
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I sometime wonder of this. Not that it does any good. Whether it was me or not, it happen, right?

But because of all the abuse and confusion that happen in my home, I wonder if there was the 'sign' on me. Or if it was just the living situation with my family that make it more opportunity for my sport coach to abuse me. I know several other people he had abused, and it what little I see, it is a pattern of broken home, or the child is living away from home for training. Maybe that is just a cue to him that we would be more vulnerable.

Either way, like I said, it happened.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.