Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (gettingstronger, lapchinj, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63170 Topics
441728 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#182522 - 09/26/07 04:30 PM Sad
violet Offline

Loc: US
So sad today.
Somedays it seems there is no end in sight.
I've got to get some perspective or something.

Started Victims No Longer today.
Not exactly uplifting.

<sigh>

V.

#182528 - 09/26/07 04:41 PM Re: Sad [Re: violet]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Violet -

I wish you felt better. Sometimes it helps me to just recognize that progress is slow, but as long as I am not going backwards, even if I am just treading water, I am doing the best I can.

Hold on and big hug (((((violet)))))

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#182533 - 09/26/07 05:02 PM Re: Sad [Re: violet]
beccy Offline

Loc: england
I am sorry to hear you're feeling so low today.

That no end in sight thing is exactly where I am today too. It certainly feels difficult to hold onto some good perspective right now......I am sorry I have no great advice to offer on this, only to let you know you are not alone in the feeling.

On the subject of those types of books......I believe they can be helpful, and also unhelpful, depending.......my bf's T's opinion was that they weren't necessarily the best type of things for my bf to be reading. He said this was because it's not always productive for a person to read about a load of emotional/psychological problems and definitions they might have. He said it can be anxiety provoking. He said a few other things too but I'm afraid I can't remember them......

I'm not sure how i feel about it really. I did read Victims No Longer and I'm sure it seemed to shed light on a number of things for me.......just go easy on yourself. If you need to take a break from it, remember that's ok. These are huge issues to be facing, so it is no wonder you are feeling deeply deeply sad......

peace
Beccy

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.