Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
2 registered (motmcd, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#182476 - 09/26/07 12:13 PM why do we even bother
healingpartner Offline

ever want to become a hermit? just run away from it all? just say fuck it? I was doomed to not be happy. I need to accept that lot in life. How and where is not important. I have never been as black as I am at this moment.

What is the point....

NUMB by Linkin Park
I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
(Caught in the undertow just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you

[Chorus]
I've become so numb I can't feel you there
Become so tired so much more aware
I'm becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

Can't you see that you're smothering me
Holding too tightly afraid to lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
And every second I waste is more than I can take

[Chorus]

And I know
I may end up failing too
But I know
You were just like me with someone disappointed in you

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

#182480 - 09/26/07 12:38 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
pain4ever Offline

Lorie...

Even in your darkest time ther are those in your life that provide light. Friends are here for you...I am here for you...the girls here are here to help as well.

No matter how dark things get...look into ______'s and ______'s eyes...their little shining faces. Thats what helped me through my hardest times was knowing I had my baby to take care of and she never stopped making me smile no matter how hard things got.

Just like i have told the guys here....running will do nothing and solves nothing. running only delays the hard fact that things have to dealt with. You dont have to deal with these things alone...we are here right beside you. I am here for you whenever you need and you know that.

You are not doomed to be unhappy...its not your lot in life. You are a strong woman who I know WITHOUT A DOUBT can handle this. It wont happen overnight but this too shall pass and you're not alone...lean on those who want to help. One ex-hermit to another.....you can be reformed okay!!

Love ya,
Brian

Edited by ModTeam (09/26/07 06:08 PM)

#182526 - 09/26/07 04:39 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
beccy Offline

Loc: england
Lorie,

I just wanted to say how much I relate....although I have been feeling slightly less numb this past week than I have for so so long......there is hope! I know that hermit feeling all too well.....except now i have kids, which forces me out at least some of the time, so thank goodness for them really.......

My T keeps advising me to find safe spaces for myself. The smallest pockets of time and self care can help, even if it feels pointless. Self consideration of our own suffering in all of this. I have felt this black numbness before in my life and came out the other end. Therefore it is possible. We can do it. That is the light at the other end of the tunnel. But while we're caught here somewhere in the middle of the tunnel, the very best thing we can do is to be kind to ourselves.

Also it can useful to note how you are feeling physically in these times of great emotional stress.....people often get a lot of tension in their tummy for example. This is emotional pain, hurt and anxiety taking hold in our bodies and we can literally physically sooth ourselves, much like the way a mother would with their child.

take care of you

peace
Beccy

#182531 - 09/26/07 04:54 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: beccy]
mmac Offline

Loc: PA
(((Lorie)))

this too shall pass, my friend. And you are not alone, we are all for you as you have always been here for us. Make some time each day to find a positive, even if you have to dig (The grocery clerk gave me the right change) \:\) eventually, the positives outway the negatives and then you'll have the strength to deal with those when they come up.
you are needed and loved.
M:)

I cannot take your steps, but I can walk beside you, if you'll let me.

#182587 - 09/26/07 09:44 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hi Lorie,

It seems to me that you need to just say fuck it for a while and let shit happen as it will. You, none of us, can always be on and it's just crazy to try and even crazier to beat yourself up when you just can't do it. Do what you need to do to take care of the kids and that's that; I'm sure Rob can pick up some of the slack.

You don't want to do the laundry for 3 days? then don't. Don't want to cook? Hell there's nothing wrong with pizza for a week. Don't want to be the family counselor? Then fuck it! Don't do it and give yourself a rest. Take a few days off from work if you can, stay on the couch and don't even take a shower, the smell might not be pleasant, but it won't kill anyone. Tell them all you're not even gonna brush your teeth till your breath smells like your butt - and you don't care - but I'll bet you still get kisses 'cause you're loved and you deserve them!

In time, the blackness will fade to a lovely shade of gray and then one of your kids will bring home a good grade or an art project or just give you an unexpected hug and the gray will start to fade too and you and Rob will find your footing again, I promise.

ROCK ON........Trish

BTW, I don't believe for one minute that you're doomed to be unhappy.

#182591 - 09/26/07 10:04 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
healingpartner Offline

Trish I like that idea.

I think f & f need their own fuck recovery weekend. We should all meet at a spa and not do one damn constructive thing. And not one thing we don't want to do. I believe Hersheys has a spa....none of those health food crap places for this!!! If we are going to really say fuck it, chocolate must be involved!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

#182594 - 09/26/07 10:10 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

and wine, lots and lots of wine - I'm in!

Trish

#182595 - 09/26/07 10:13 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
healingpartner Offline

noo....no wine. Martinis my dear!

Lorie

#182608 - 09/26/07 10:44 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
violet Offline

Loc: US
well, in the meanwhile, maybe we can all eat Dove dark chocolate during healing circle or something.

V.

#182650 - 09/27/07 04:46 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
beccy Offline

Loc: england
green and blacks chocolate, red wine and a few other vices.......

peace
Beccy

#182666 - 09/27/07 07:08 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: beccy]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Lorie:

I could say something along the lines that without a "down" mood the up's in life may seem flat, but somehow that feels a bit lame when a person is in the down mood, ya know? I feel sometimes that it is important to embrace all feeling: good, sad, indifferent, frustration, happiness...all of it. It's being human, it's feeling vulnerable to our circumstances...it's feeling.
Sometimes I try to keep in mind that this whole thing is only temporary, that in five or ten years I'll sit back and wonder why was I so out of sorts over this? I believe, it'll all work out, one way or another, it will.
I like Trish's suggestion. Have any good movies to watch?
Hang in there!
S-n-S

cm 2007

#182667 - 09/27/07 07:16 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
savemyfam Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hey!! I missed the whole spa thing!!! What a genious you are Lorie - spa at Hershey's, what more could you ask for?? Although I probably wouldn't make it to the spa, I'd be happy to stay in my room and not get dressed and only get out of bed to use the bathroom!!!!!! Room service could bring me chocolate!!!

#182669 - 09/27/07 07:21 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

OK, Martini's it is - I actually prefer that since wine gives me a terrible hangover. Ladies, sounds to me like there's a party brewing, so what if its a pity party, if there's more than one, it can collapse into uncontrolable tears, laughter and giggles.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#182737 - 09/27/07 10:48 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: beccy]
savemyfam Offline

Originally Posted By: beccy
green and blacks chocolate, red wine and a few other vices.......

peace
Beccy

By the way Beccy my dear, green and blacks chocolate must be a UK thing, what in the world is it??????? No offense but green and blacks chocolate sounds awful!!!!!! I hope it tastes better than it sounds!!!

You can make it to Hershey, PA right????? I'll rent a bus and pick up all of the other ladies here in the states, but of course you'll have to fly. Land somewhere in the states and we'll pick you up in the party bus and we'll arrive at Hershey loaded and spent!!!!!!!

Then we'll rejuvinate at the Hershey spa and eat Hershey's chocolate until we have to have our stomachs pumped!!! Sounds like a grand time to me!!!!!

#182763 - 09/27/07 12:16 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
violet Offline

I don't drink, but I wouldn't miss this for anything. Besides, one of us has to drive the party bus. And someone has to be able to remember everything for posterity's sake. ...As long as ya'll are happy drunks.

Let's see, in the past week I have watched Troy, The Four Feathers, The Count of Monte Cristo, Pride and Prejudice and The Painted Veil.

<sighs> Maybe I need to chuck all the dramas for some Adam Sandler or something.

V.

Edited by violet (09/27/07 12:24 PM)

#182766 - 09/27/07 12:40 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Did Violet mention Adam Sandler???? Okay, I'm in and I'll donate most of his dvd's to the cause!
How about a cruise ship to somewhere exotic? We could share some beverages with those little umbrella's...you know, some "happy juice" that never gets watered down in a rainstorm! (I don't drink either but even pineapple juice served with an umbrella must certainly be fun.)
We'll ask Beccy to bring some of that European chocolate...green and blacks chocolate sounds exciting! Trish, you are in charge of the Martini's...Lori, maybe some Hershey's chocolate and a massage therapist on staff waiting!
Anyone else in?
S-n-S

cm 2007

#182772 - 09/27/07 12:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
Kathryn Offline

I just want some good sex.

#182775 - 09/27/07 12:52 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Kathryn]
Kathryn Offline

I really, really do.

#182778 - 09/27/07 12:56 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Kathryn]
pain4ever Offline

TMI!!!! Ya know anything I could say now would get me in trouble!!!

#182785 - 09/27/07 01:35 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Okay, Kathryn is obviously up for reading some romance novels...(lol)

S-n-S

cm 2007

#182787 - 09/27/07 01:45 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
savemyfam Offline

I nominate Violet as the official Party Bus driver!!!! I'm a very happy drunk by the way!!!

SnS we can do the cruise next month okay??? I'm really looking forward to the Party Bus and getting my stomach pumped at Hershey's.

Kathryn I'm sure we can hook you up somewhere on the road to Hershey, PA!!!!

I hereby request that we take Brian along with us if all are in agreeance - I'd like to party with Brian. Brian, are you up to a bunch of drunk women in need of stomach pumps????????

XOXOXOXO
Angie

#182790 - 09/27/07 01:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Kathryn, oh boy - I feel ya hon, but I don't think the girls party is quite heading in that direction, but we'll try to get you the finest looking masseuse to dream about, K?

I've got the martini's covered - all kinds - dirty martini's {for Kathryn of course \:\/ }, shaken, stired, cosmos, apple-tinis, rasberry-tinis (my favorite) anything your little hearts desire.

I've got a few silly movies to contribute too. If we tire of Adam Sandler, how about a little Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure! or even better, some Now and Then which is far and away the best girlfriend movie I've ever seen.

Beccy, I've never heard of those chocolates either, but I'm more than willing to try 'em out, after all is chocolate so it must be good.

Trish

ROCK ON.........Trish

#182791 - 09/27/07 01:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: beccy]
mmac Offline

I am in for the chocolate spa. herseys not far from me and i know i could use it. Hang in there, times changes everything. I'm with laying on the couch! \:\)

#182792 - 09/27/07 01:52 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Cool, will the party bus have a place to plug in a dvd player???

Got to have Sandler along for the ride!!!

S-n-S

cm 2007

#182793 - 09/27/07 01:54 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
sweet-n-sour Offline

mmac, sounds good! Chocolate is awesome....

cm 2007

#182796 - 09/27/07 01:59 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
savemyfam Offline

I plan on being waaaaaay too drunk off of Trish's martini's on the Party Bus to watch movies!!! I'll be mooning all the happy little families on their way to Hershey's amusement park.

#182801 - 09/27/07 02:05 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Wow, savemyfam, you are a wild one!!! \:\)

cm 2007

#182803 - 09/27/07 02:08 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
savemyfam Offline

Back in the day I WAS the one to party with!!!! I'm sure it's like riding a bike huh??????

#182805 - 09/27/07 02:12 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
sweet-n-sour Offline

I too knew how to party once upon a time... (before health issues 16 years ago.) If this is a cyber bus party...anything is possible, yes? If that is the case, I'll try one of those virtual Martini's then!!!!
"Cheers," savemyfam!!!

cm 2007

#182806 - 09/27/07 02:13 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
violet Offline

a couple more additions to the party...

1. Lindt dark chocolate truffles (Almost better than sex, please note i did say almost)

2. The Dick and Jane movie with Jim Carey never fails to make me feel better about my life, especially sodding the yard and them sitting in the pool hole.

3. We can eat all the chicken or shrimp alfredo we want with lots of garlic bread and salad that does not have fat free dressing and not even consider about calculating how many days we have to deprive ourselves of bread to make up for it.

4. We could start a bonfire from slips of paper that have written on them all the things that make us need to f*** therapy.
(or is this contrary to the whole existance of a fuck therapy weekend?)

Well, maybe we could do #4 when we are finished with our weekend of mayhem. Although fire is pretty fun too, as long as it's not near our chocolate stash.

V.

#182807 - 09/27/07 02:17 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Good thinking V!!!

cm 2007

#182809 - 09/27/07 02:24 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
savemyfam Offline

That all sounds wonderful and theraputic, however I'm only going to get drunk, hang my hynnie out the bus window and have my stomach pumped!!!!!!!

#182811 - 09/27/07 02:28 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
savemyfam Offline

Oh and cheers right back at ya SnS!!!

#182812 - 09/27/07 02:29 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
sweet-n-sour Offline

ummm, too much information savemyfam (hynnie out the bus window)...lol!

cm 2007

#182816 - 09/27/07 02:36 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
violet Offline

savemyfam, control yourself! you're gonna fall out if you do that again.

On second thought, maybe someone else should drive for a bit. I'm laughing so hard I might wreck.

Pass the chocolate.

V.

#182817 - 09/27/07 02:36 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
mmac Offline

okay this is getting to be too good. when are we going again???
Today???

#182818 - 09/27/07 02:44 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

I'm having my root canal finished this afternoon so, right after that and before the good stuff wears off, I'm ready to start on those Martinis. If I time it just right, I'll never feel a thing!

Savemyfamily - just sit your butt down on the seat and drink! Flashing all those innocents who have no clue as to what our mission is could just ruin the whole thing. Before you know it, the cops will be on our tail - well yours anyway *lol* How about I bring a kereoke machine to keep you occupied?

Trish

#182820 - 09/27/07 02:47 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
violet Offline

Nothing like a bus full of drunk women singing "I will survive."

but i am absolutly banning the britney spears stuff.

V.

#182822 - 09/27/07 02:48 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
mmac Offline

No brit stuff allowed. Also not T books, tapes or trigger reminders.

#182823 - 09/27/07 02:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
violet Offline

So we are officially fucking therapy now. Join anytime you can make it. We'll pick you up anywhere.

beep beep

V.

#182824 - 09/27/07 02:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
violet Offline

what is brit stuff?

#182826 - 09/27/07 02:56 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
mmac Offline

how about tomorrow, since i have my 1st T appt tonight and i have a feeling I'll need a pick up! \:\(

#182828 - 09/27/07 03:01 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Britney is definately out - but a little Janis Joplin is definately on the menu - I sing a mean Me & Bobby McGee......

Trish

#182829 - 09/27/07 03:02 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
mmac Offline

I love Janis.. Sing on my friend

#182839 - 09/27/07 03:22 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
healingpartner Offline

Wow! I leave for a few hours and look at this!!!! This is awesome.

Ok...I won my sorority senior death march...bar hopping driving in a hurse...a REAL hurse! The rules were 1 point-beer, 2-point mixed drink, 3-points per shot. If you got a guy to buy the drink 1 bonus point. If you didn;t know the guy, 2 bonus points. As the night went on, if he kissed you (on the cheek) 1 bonus if you knew him 2 if you didn't and so on....I ended the night with 81 points and all the money I started with....LOL.

And lets just say that spring break in cancun...glad video wasn't too advanced. Some table dancing that might come back to haunt me....

And don't get me started on the drinking contests I won...o boy!
So I think savemyfam and I will hang together.

And Kathryn..feel your pain. We will figure something out for you.

This is going to be too much fun....LOL

#182841 - 09/27/07 03:25 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
healingpartner Offline

BRIAN IS SO COMING WITH US!!!!! But hands off girls...I am his fag hag so I get first dances!!!

We will take him with as our protector and chaparone. I think we may all need both...

BTW...Incase the senior death march didn't give it away, I am a very fun drunk and tend to flirt my ass off....never bought a drink until I got into a relationship!!!! roflmao

#182845 - 09/27/07 03:34 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Lorie, I think I know you! You just happen to have another body, face and name - but I have a g/f who describes the same college stuff to me all the time. Did you go to school in New England? I never went to college - so sad - since I got married and had a baby so young BUT I have more than made up for it with some of my own drunkin' antics, including many table dances since then. Don't even get me started on my 40th Birthday *whoooooooooohooooooooo* Old my big toe!

Don't worry about Brian, we know who gets first dibbs, but I think he'll be happy as all get out with all us girls fawning over him. He'll be the bell of the ball! Right Brian?

Trish

#182849 - 09/27/07 03:41 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
healingpartner Offline

Nope went to school in North Dakota. So bad I had to move cross country. lol

I will have you plan my 40th for me...sounds like you know how to do it right!

Brian will love it! Hope Dion doens't get jealous. We may have to let him come too.

#182854 - 09/27/07 03:55 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
savemyfam Offline

Okay Lorie, the bar hopping in the hearse takes the cake!!!!!

And none of you can stop me from hanging my ass out the window!! Just be glad I'm not on "Middle Aged Women Gone Wild" cuz I could do much more damage to the little darlings on the way to the amusement park!!!!!!

#182857 - 09/27/07 04:01 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
pain4ever Offline

Bell of the Ball...LOL....I dont know about that. But I will protect ya gals...I'm a big guy....and totally safe...wink..wink.

Yeah Dion may have to go he is a little jealous...besides he is a big drinker and he could use a few more fag hags...YA RIGHT!! Trust me Dion will blend right in...he is one of the girls..LOL

Can we go to a special entertainment bar...if ya know what I mean???

#182858 - 09/27/07 04:01 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Middle Aged Women Gone Wild - That struck me funnier than anything all day and this has been a pretty funny day. OK, Savemyfam, I won't pull you back in, I'll be in the window next to you!

Trish

#182860 - 09/27/07 04:03 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
savemyfam Offline

Cool!!! It's God's air conditioning!!

#182861 - 09/27/07 04:05 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
pain4ever Offline

I'm bringing a camera.....

#182864 - 09/27/07 04:11 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
violet Offline

Does this mean i have a valid excuse to skip my husband's work dinner party?

I don't know... I prefer post-mortem free vehicles only. One of my many phobias. Maybe the drinking loosens you up for that, so in my case, i'm fucked.

T-shirts anyone? Who can come up with the best slogan before ya'll can't read anymore?

I don't think Hershey, PA is ready...

V.

#182865 - 09/27/07 04:11 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
healingpartner Offline

NO CAMERAS!!! And I will have non disclosure agreement for everyone to sign...what happens on the bus stays on the bus. That is what fuck recovery is all about!!!!

#182868 - 09/27/07 04:17 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
healingpartner Offline

Ok, V...the first slogans that come to mind are very off color...lol

Let me see. We could make an acronym....
F-fun
U-using
C-cocktails and
K-kisses (hershey kind)

R-reclaiming
E-everything
C-covered
O-over
V-via
E-entertainment
R-recreation and
Y-yahooo

#182873 - 09/27/07 04:22 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
sweet-n-sour Offline

How about swinging by and kidnapping me so that I can ditch therapy this evening? Have a pitcher of Trish's famous Martini's minus the olive of course! "No worries, right?"
As for the t-shirts, I have a silk screen ready and waiting...just tell me what to print and I'll accomodate!

cm 2007

#182874 - 09/27/07 04:22 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
savemyfam Offline

That's good Lorie!!!!! And the t-shirts for next months cruise will be the picture that Brian takes of mine and Trish's ass hanging out of the bus!! OR the picture that Brian takes of Trish and me being hauled away by the cops in cuffs!!!

And Brian - Dion HAS to go also!!!!

#182879 - 09/27/07 04:29 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
healingpartner Offline

NO PICTURES!!!! lol

#182880 - 09/27/07 04:29 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
violet Offline

In observance of FR weekend, I have put away reading Victims No Longer which was making me so sad anyway. Good book, important message for sure. But I need to breathe and laugh and your antics are making me laugh for sure.

Add ice cream to the menu. Did you know that Dove chocolate makes pints of the best chocolate ice cream in the world covered with ganache? <<<sinful>>>

V.

Edited by violet (09/27/07 04:33 PM)

#182881 - 09/27/07 04:36 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
savemyfam Offline

You need to try some of Trish's martini's!!! And then join us in one of the bus windows!! Come on Violet....be free!!!!!!!

#182883 - 09/27/07 04:40 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
healingpartner Offline

You guys are making me want to get totally trashed...I really could use that today. I am going away with my sister this weekend...I will have a few for all of you! Hell, I will have a drink for everyone on the site with the week I am having...might start to take the edge off the pain.

I have to have a babysitter with me if I am going to do this....lol

#182888 - 09/27/07 04:47 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
savemyfam Offline

Good for you Lorie!! I'm jealous!! Now I have this whole thing in my head so I'll have to get drunk here on cheap wine, buy some Hershey Kisses and hang my bare ass off the riding lawn mower!!!! Talk about scaring all the little kiddies in the neighborhood!!!!

#182891 - 09/27/07 04:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
healingpartner Offline

NO NO...NO cheap wine..you will feel like hell the next day. Only the good stuff for us. WE DESERVE IT DAMMIT!

Off the lawn mower...lmao...how suburban of you!!!

#182899 - 09/27/07 05:11 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
mmac Offline

Kathryn, I know your pain !!!

#182947 - 09/27/07 08:18 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
Kathryn Offline

Well, being horney isn't really painful per se.... \:\)

#182960 - 09/27/07 08:45 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Kathryn]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

You gals are the best therapy ever. This thread has kept me laughing all day; even through putting the post in my tooth. I had three Twisted Teas at my b/f's house, I played with the dog, watered the gardens, had good conversation, avoided any heavy crap and now I'm almost ready for bed. I'm reading no other posts here tonight 'cause I've decided to start FR weekend immediately. We may not be in the same room, or even the same State, but I'm glad to have girlfriends like you all. Thanks and goodnight - for now.

ROCK ON.........Trish

PS: I agree with Lorie - NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *lol*

#182962 - 09/27/07 08:50 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
mmac Offline

Kathryn,

It depends on how long ya been that way! LOL \:\)

#182963 - 09/27/07 08:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
mmac Offline

Trish, Glad we could lighten your heart! We are all sisters in this (or brothers too)
Sweet dreams!

#182965 - 09/27/07 08:54 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
violet Offline

Savemyfam,

I am free...to LMAO at you guys and our newly christened "buttmobile."

HA

V.

#182976 - 09/27/07 09:03 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
pain4ever Offline

Im bringing the Bacardi 151 and the cute gay guys......what else do i need to bring along??

Camera is a must...havent you ever heard the words...Blackmail???

I will chaparone everyone...keep ya all in line...hold your hair while you pray to the porcelin god....etc.

#182979 - 09/27/07 09:07 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
violet Offline

ok...i know i'm a total wuss, but i will drink baha rosa- just don't ask.

V.

#182983 - 09/27/07 09:10 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
savemyfam Offline

Violet - that's hilarious!! I'll never look at my riding lawnmower the same!!! Buttmobile!!

And Brian - none of us can have nookey on the FR trip - well except Kathryn - that will be the mission, so you can't bring cute gay guys and you and Dion will have to obstain!!!!! And anyway, cute gay guys would only be frustrating to a bunch of drunk women!!!!

XOXO
Angie

#183092 - 09/28/07 08:44 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
drunk horny women partying in a bus. anything i say here is going to land me in jail so, no comment, but.. \:D save me a seat, sounds like you girls are going to need a medic on board

#183093 - 09/28/07 08:47 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: jessedawg]
healingpartner Offline

And Brian...yes I have heard of blackmail. Why do you think I don't want cameras???? Or as your fag hag, am I off limits for blackmail?????

LOL

#183094 - 09/28/07 08:49 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
healingpartner Offline

Come on along Jesse....**pats seat next to her***...you can come sit with me. I may need a medic...LOL

#183096 - 09/28/07 08:54 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
color me available \:\)

#183098 - 09/28/07 09:05 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: jessedawg]
healingpartner Offline

OK girls, I am heading out for the weekend...back sunday night. I am going to trust you to keep the party going in my absense. I am going to hang out with old egyptian guys (king tut) in philly with my sister. Should be fun.

#183107 - 09/28/07 09:31 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Have a great time Lorie!

Jessie, you're more than welcome a medic will probably come in VERY handy, especially if the Butt-Mobile side swipes a truck or something *lol*

Trish

#183110 - 09/28/07 09:41 AM Re: why do we even bother *DELETED* [Re: Trish4850]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london

Edited by soapy bubbles (09/01/09 11:12 AM)
Edit Reason: deleted for personal reasons

#183118 - 09/28/07 10:19 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: soapy bubbles]
savemyfam Offline

Hey Jesse!!! Welcome to the party!!!!! Can you bring the stomach pump with you????

And Soapy Bubbles, you can hook up with Beccy and fly into the states and we'll pick you up also - on the Party Bus not the Buttmobile!!!!

Lorie have a great time and we'll continue to finalize the plans for FR while your gone!!!!!!

XOXOXOX
Angie

#183120 - 09/28/07 10:24 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Hey SB - of course you can come - we would never turn away anyone with chocolate cake!

Trish

#183122 - 09/28/07 10:29 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Violet

I know you said not to ask, but inquiring minds want to know - what is baha rosa?

Trish

#183125 - 09/28/07 10:33 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
sweet-n-sour Offline

So this party is still going on???? I found some noise makers from a 1952 New Year's Eve Pary and a large bag of confetti to donate! Swing by my side of the city Angie on your way out okay?

Hey Trish, I'm ready for some of those Martini's and Soapy Bubbles, I have a hankering for some chocolate cake!

S-n-S

cm 2007

#183129 - 09/28/07 10:49 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sweet-n-sour]
violet Offline

Baha Rosa: Made with real dairy cream, Natural Strawberry flavour & 100% Agave Tequila imported from Mexico

It's the only alcohol I will drink. It's in a lovely colbalt blue bottle.

V.

#183130 - 09/28/07 11:00 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
violet Offline

But still not much of a drinker.

Though I'll be having some tonight at a dinner party. When they found out it was the only drink I liked, they went out and bought some just for me.

So they must be okay after all.

ok, so we've got:

chocolate...check
ice cream...check
other non chocolate/ice cream food...check
alcohol...check
karaoke...check
confetti...check
our "safety" guys...check
our firefighter/medic...check
stomach pump...check
hot massuse & racey romance novels for Katherine...check
various comedic movies...check
hynnies...check

Am I forgetting anything?

V.

#183131 - 09/28/07 11:09 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Violet:

How considerate of the hosts of the dinner party you are attending!

Your list appears to be complete! Ready, set...go!!!!

S-n-S

cm 2007

#183140 - 09/28/07 11:24 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: soapy bubbles]
pain4ever Offline

Lorie...of course you immune!!

And wait Dion and I have to obstain....we have to rewrite these rules. Hoever i think we maybe too busy trying to keep the ladies in line!!!

#183158 - 09/28/07 12:49 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

We simply must have those little drink umbrellas for S&S. A shaker set is a must for the martinis and if I'm going to be mixing anything more complicated, a blender couldn't hurt.....*note to self - be sure the bus has an electrical outlet* And what the hell, if we're mixing stuff up, I'll have to bring the pina colada mix to go with Brian's 151 - believe me, that is one kick ass cocktail!

Trish

#183169 - 09/28/07 02:16 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
pain4ever Offline

Nah all i need is shot glasses!!!! but i do like strawberry Daquiries....man thats so gay.

#183172 - 09/28/07 02:31 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
savemyfam Offline

Violet - the only thing that your list is missing is the cute gay guy's - remember the ones that will be so frustrating to a bus load of drunken women???????

"but i do like strawberry Daquiries....man thats so gay" that made me laugh Brian!!!!!!! And yes you will be way too busy to worry about having to obstain!!!!

XOXOX
Angie

#183192 - 09/28/07 03:18 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
pain4ever Offline

Yeah well have to run that one by Dion....he doesnt let me get that busy!!

#183198 - 09/28/07 03:46 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
violet Offline

On second thought, perhaps now is the perfect time to get trashed.

cute gay guys...check

V.

#183199 - 09/28/07 03:52 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
pain4ever Offline

We are harmless....we are more likely to ask you where you got ur pants...not try to get into them.

#183200 - 09/28/07 03:53 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
violet Offline

OMG- who brought the camera on this bus?
You are in so much trouble!
partybus

V.

#183201 - 09/28/07 03:54 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
violet Offline

I'm not getting trashed cause i'm hanging out with gay guys. LOL

V.

#183202 - 09/28/07 03:57 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
pain4ever Offline

HUH???

#183203 - 09/28/07 04:00 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
violet Offline

sorry, I thought you thought I was getting drunk cause I was nervous about hanging out with gay guys..

didn't come out right at all.
Chalk it up to just one more stupid thing I said today.

V.

Edited by violet (09/28/07 04:01 PM)

#183204 - 09/28/07 04:01 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
pain4ever Offline

LOL...no we are best kinda guys to get drunk around....we are harmless...no risk...LOL. I knew you werent nervious..LOL

#183213 - 09/28/07 06:04 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
mmac Offline

Violet, you have to get back on the bus Girlfriend! And put down that store manaqin.
LOL \:\)

#183266 - 09/29/07 12:08 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: beccy]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
Bless you all! Partners of survivors put up with so much shit.. You deserve a "fuck it all week"... take it!!!!

Please take care of yourselves.. first and foremost!!! BUT NEVER FORGET HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO US!!! (even if if we don't know how to show it)

GW

#183300 - 09/29/07 08:36 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: GWsurvives]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Hey GW,

I haven't seen you for a while. Plop your butt down on a bus seat and take a ride. This bus isn't exclusive to partners. All those who wish to take a break and have a martini are more than welcome. Just make sure you turn your head when we start hanging butts out the window - I'm a little shy.

ROCK ON........Trish

#183310 - 09/29/07 09:30 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
pain4ever Offline

Hey maybe the partners....FIAW should be "sponsered" by their survivor! We should do that for our partners, sponser their own healing time which is needed, in a large part, by us!!

I echo GW....Thanks ladies and gentlemen who help us through all of our "issues" in healing. Honestly we couldn't do it with out you!! You all didn't ask for this, yet you are there for us no matter how much it hurts. You partners are the opitimy of selflessness. Thank you!

Brian

BTW Trish...i just bought a video camera for this!! AND I am bringing lots of bail money.

#183318 - 09/29/07 10:00 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

*Ahhhhhhhh* No video and No cameras. I have a family to think about and I'd rather tell them about this trip when I'm 80 than have them see it now on CNN when the cops bust us *lol*

Trish

PS: The bail money couldn't hurt though

#183327 - 09/29/07 10:35 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
pain4ever Offline

Okay fine no cameras....but come on I would have some priceless footage!!!

#183336 - 09/29/07 11:05 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
violet Offline

<<singing Come On Eileen on karaoke>>

Bless you Dexy's Midnight Runners

Are we going to have to institue a pat down for banned items?

ha

V.

#183402 - 09/29/07 02:39 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
pain4ever Offline

I will be a good boy!!!

#183406 - 09/29/07 02:48 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
mmac Offline

No pat down necessary, but I'm having a devil of a time finding a reliable bus driver???? everyone interviewed so far looks at me like i have 3 heads??? Ideas???

#183411 - 09/29/07 03:04 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
pain4ever Offline

Umm...I have a CDL class B...I can drive...LOL

One step up from a chauffers...so I think I can drive a bus...pretty sure I can. Used to drive big trucks so whats the difference...LOL

However the dadness in me might get the best of me...yall will hear..."IF YOU GUYS DONT QUIET DOWN I AM TURNING THIS BUS AROUND AND WE ARE GOING STRAIGHT HOME!!!"

#183417 - 09/29/07 03:11 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
mmac Offline

WHAT???? Music too loud, can't hear....Violet, sit down and get your butt back in the window.
Thanks P4e, You are hired
\:\)

#183418 - 09/29/07 03:11 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
pain4ever Offline

DONT MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!!!!

#183448 - 09/29/07 04:54 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Brian stop pointing or you'll poke your eye out! And keep your eyes on the road Dammit, Angie's butt almost got swiped by a truck *lol*

ROCK ON........Trish

#183460 - 09/29/07 07:08 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
pain4ever Offline

Thats okay Jesse can patch her up!!!

By the way does anyone have a heart condition...I tend to be an "agressive" driver!!

#183569 - 09/30/07 03:39 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: beccy]
sunshine70 Offline

Loc: florida
can i come too?
\:\)

#183586 - 09/30/07 05:19 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sunshine70]
savemyfam Offline

Of course you can!!!! Welcome to the party Sunshine!!! What can you bring? We have martini's, chocolate, stomach pumps, hynnie's a hangin and cute gay guys.

XOXOX
Angie

#183611 - 09/30/07 07:00 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
sunshine70 Offline

hmm i dont know
maybe some harry potter movies
i love melon martinis
thanks Angie \:\)

my name is cathy btw

#183619 - 09/30/07 07:47 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sunshine70]
healingpartner Offline

Glad to see you girls kept it going... I now have a new addiction to tattoos...so we need to design a fuck recovery tattoo that we all have to get to commemorate the event. For those who don't want the tat, maybe we could have a necklace charm made up for it.

#183620 - 09/30/07 07:49 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
mmac Offline

Perhaps a broken circle indicating the broken cycle of silence or abuse......
just a thought. lets see where this goes... Folks???
Any thoughts????

#183622 - 09/30/07 07:51 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
healingpartner Offline

I just realized something...jewelry can have diamonds...LOL

forget the tats!

#183636 - 09/30/07 08:58 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
savemyfam Offline

Come along Cathy, but leave the Harry Potter movies behind - we'll be too busy to watch movies.

Lorie - I'm all for the tattoos!!! It's been a while since I got one - let's see - hows bout a very ornate FR with a rose going through the letters on all of our asses??? And yes diamonds work as well!!!!

Glad you had a good time!!!!

XOXO
Angie

#183639 - 09/30/07 09:10 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
pain4ever Offline

I need a drink....man can we get a more masculine tatoo please??

#183668 - 10/01/07 12:20 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
sunshine70 Offline

ok angie
no movies
but i do love harry potter
haha
i think a tattoo is a realy good idea

#183721 - 10/01/07 10:43 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: sunshine70]
violet Offline

pardon me if i whisper but i've got laryngitis. apparently the FR weekend was a little too much on my voice.

V.

#183870 - 10/01/07 09:11 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
mmac Offline

I am open to all ideas on the tattoo. doesn't have to be a male or female thing. Lets try to think of a symbol that represents our hope in all of this.
Ideas????

#183877 - 10/01/07 09:28 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
pain4ever Offline

i really, at one point, wanted to get the symbol for MaleSurvivor....the three male faces...but thats prolly copyrighted...

We should each get our own variance of the same tattoo though...the guys can get a more masculine version?? So instead of an ornate rose...maybe a vine of thorns?? Maybe a chainsaw...LOL

Jesse can get the IAFF symbol with the initials of all of us FR weekenders.

I can get the initials in rainbow colors...LOL ya right not going to happen.

#183893 - 10/01/07 09:59 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
healingpartner Offline

how about a freedom symbol combined with a life symbol of some kind....freedom to have a life? free from the abuse?

what do you think?

#183925 - 10/01/07 11:35 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
violet Offline

please all be sure to add a verse to the Fuck Therapy poem in the poetry board.

V.

#183926 - 10/01/07 11:38 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
mmac Offline

Great ideas..i'm artist i will try to draw with your ideas. keep them coming...

#183980 - 10/02/07 07:55 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: violet
Nothing like a bus full of drunk women singing "I will survive."

but i am absolutly banning the britney spears stuff.

OMG, I Swear I almost wet myself when I saw this one!!!! rofl!!!

Rock it girls! Yayyyyyy. Fuck recovery. \:D

Meep meep,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#183981 - 10/02/07 07:58 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

So it's twooo about women, drinks and chocolate, yeah??? I thought it was just my dysfunctional girlfriends, my crazy sister, and my survivor-burdened wife?

Much wondering,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#183983 - 10/02/07 08:05 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: roadrunner]
healingpartner Offline

well....we all have our own survivors too Larry so it is hard to say...

However chocoloate, martinis and a little (or a lot) of letting loose is always good. And you think guys talk about things when they get together...

Girls...voice recording devices must be banned also. We can't let the boys know how and what we really talk about...LOL. Besides, we don't want to make them blush....LOL

Lorie, your cruise director

#184026 - 10/02/07 09:54 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: healingpartner]
savemyfam Offline

Larry - we'd love to have you along....especially if you can answer the burning question....WHAT THE HELL IS GREEN AND BLACKS CHOCOLATE?????????????

I'm fully prepared to have my stomach pumped for Hershey's chocolate....that's a no brainer, but I need a little more info on green and blacks before I committ.

XOXOXOX
Angie

#184027 - 10/02/07 10:00 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
pain4ever Offline

Ummm..but there will be boys there...or because we are gay we become one of the girls...LOL

#184044 - 10/02/07 10:30 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: pain4ever]
savemyfam Offline

Please sing to the tune of the chourus of 12 Days of Christmas

12 Gays a leaping
11 women flashing
10 butts a hangin
9 drunkin tattoos
8 varieties of martini's
7 pounds of chocolate
6 paramedics
5 buuuuttttmmmooobbbbiiiillleeeessss
4 calling cops
3 french news reporters
2 stomach pumpings
And 1 rocking party bus for Fuck Recovery

#184080 - 10/02/07 12:32 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: roadrunner]
mmac Offline

Dear RR,
Its about whatever it needs to be, to whomever comes aboard. we all have somethings we'd like to throw from the bus window and some things we'd like to take for the ride. Its an ideal to be good to ones self when we feel others are not or can not be.
welcome my friend. There is a seat for everyone.

#184081 - 10/02/07 12:35 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
mmac Offline

Fabulous song to sing while we go down the road. beats 99 bottles of beer on the wall anyday LOL \:\)

#184362 - 10/03/07 10:52 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: mmac]
indygal Offline

story of my life.

i missed the bus...

well hope you all had fun, i could use some now; too busy in my life, and dealing w/the "one step forward two steps backward" w/bf, but today seemed to be a one step forward one, sigh.

a big toast to all of you at fnf - maybe next time, huh?

(and i will bring uncle cuervo)

indy

#184505 - 10/03/07 08:17 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: indygal]
savemyfam Offline

Indy - you didn't miss the bus at all girl - we waited for you!!! So take as many steps forward to get your hynnie on that Rockin Party Bus!!!

And Uncle Cuervo is a welcome addition!!!! He can sit with me - with limes!!!!!!!

XOXOXOX
Angie

#184515 - 10/03/07 09:55 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
indygal Offline

oooooh that's so great \:\)

can i just sit and drink...and drink and drink ?

something i rarely do, actually haven't in a good many years - maybe that's why this appeals so much?

and can i contribute some music also - how about R-E-S-P-E-C-T or Aretha's Biggest Hits -?

i love janis also - especially ball and chain (i actually saw her perform this if that's not dating myself too much!)

indy

#184518 - 10/03/07 10:01 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: indygal]
savemyfam Offline

You can sit and drink....and drink and drink as much as you want!! That's why we have Jesse coming along as our medic!!

I got an idea, maybe he can just hook us up with an IV and pump the booze into us!!!

And yes you can bring Aretha and Janis - I'm a bigger fan of hard rock, but I do apreciate both of them!!

Angie

#186905 - 10/13/07 10:58 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: roadrunner]
kayak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
So it's twooo about women, drinks and chocolate, yeah??? I thought it was just my dysfunctional girlfriends, my crazy sister, and my survivor-burdened wife?

Much wondering,
Larry

Guys and Gals,

This thread was truly a wild ride! I laughed my way through the whole thing. Some of you have outstanding senses-of-humor; guess you have to, to put up with the crap.

Thank you for all your support, Family & Friends!

Larry, I learned quite a few interesting facts on this little bus ride too.....

Boy, I sure miss Lorie. Hope she comes back soon ;(

Kayak

#187695 - 10/17/07 09:53 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: kayak]
Marcia Offline
MaleSurvivor

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading this. Makes me think I am not alone. Thank you.

Marcia

#187746 - 10/18/07 07:36 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Marcia]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Welcome Marcia,

As you've seen you are far from alone. I'm glad our little road trip made you chuckle.

Post and read here as often as you like. We're here.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#187770 - 10/18/07 10:38 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
violet Offline

I'm beginning to think we need to make this cyber trip at least once a month.

we can make ourselves sick on all the halloween candy our kids get. i claim the skittles.

V.

#187775 - 10/18/07 11:32 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Just and FYI. Lorie took-off for France this past week and returned with plenty of chocolate for you guys and pate for me \:\)

The trip did her a lot of good.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#187778 - 10/18/07 11:38 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm thinking this thread is kind of like a "chicken soup for the soul" thing. What a hoot. \:D I just love it.

Much giggling,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#187783 - 10/18/07 11:42 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: roadrunner]
violet Offline

Larry, forget chicken soup- how about beef stew for the survivor's soul? i'm in need of something more substantial these days.

Robbie,
glad to hear about lorie. we've been missing her. can't have the F*** therapy bus trip without her signature cyber martini.

Violet

Edited by violet (10/18/07 11:47 AM)

#187794 - 10/18/07 12:52 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
indygal Offline

Originally Posted By: violet
Larry, forget chicken soup- how about beef stew for the survivor's soul? i'm in need of something more substantial these days.

SOUP???

i'll bring some nachos and guac with the tequila will that be ok?

indy

#187816 - 10/18/07 03:14 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: indygal]
violet Offline

Sounds good to me.

I hear a strawberry daiquiri calling my name.

How about chocolate cheesecake?

V.

Edited by violet (10/18/07 03:18 PM)

#187848 - 10/18/07 08:25 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: violet]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Can it be white chocolate cheesecake? If so, I'm in!

#187849 - 10/18/07 08:28 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: WalkingSouth]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Chocolate? Cheesecake? Together!?!?!?!?!?! I'm gonna faint! \:\)

Trish

#187857 - 10/18/07 09:52 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
violet Offline

We'll get all the different kinds of cheesecake. There is no such thing as too much cheesecake...or maybe it's there is no such thing as leftover cheesecake.

V.

#187858 - 10/18/07 09:53 PM Re: why do we even bother [Re: Trish4850]
savemyfam Offline

Hey!!!!! Rob has to share some of that pate too !!!!!!

XOXOXO
Angie

#187874 - 10/19/07 12:45 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: savemyfam]
indygal Offline

hmmm about some home cooked chili first to warm up before finishing off w/this assortment of cheesecakes?

and yes, my chili has tequila in it!!

indy

#187902 - 10/19/07 06:51 AM Re: why do we even bother [Re: indygal]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I'm sooo jealous ;\)

not that i love food or anything...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.