Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 38 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445460 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#182451 - 09/26/07 10:17 AM Travels
jf Offline

hey guys i think i need some advice. I'm supposed to travel somewhere this weekend. One of my perps live there. He's also picking me up from the airport... what should i do?

#182542 - 09/26/07 05:52 PM Re: Travels [Re: jf]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
jf,

One thing we have to learn to do as survivors is to take appropriate action to keep ourselves safe and feeling safe. That is sometimes difficult to do, since what we learned as boys is that we are powerless and the abuser does what he wants.

This might be a good time to begin acting to protect yourself and your feelings. If this were me, I think I would just email the perp and say sorry, you have made other plans and will make your own way. Then either find another ride, take public transport, or rent a car.

Ultimately what's vital here isn't so much the ride from the airport, but finding solutions that leave you feeling safe by your own actions, rather than feeling victimized yet again.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.