Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#182051 - 09/24/07 10:28 AM unanswered questions - trigger
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
how does someone do that, how does someone look at a little kid and think those thoughts? how big of a man does it take to threaten a kid, how many men does it take to fucking ruin someones life? how can a grown man be such a fucking coward and how can a father fuck his own son? what kind of sick fucking twisted pleasure does he get out of that? what kind of a person has to tie down a fucking 10 year old when he's three times his size and three times his weight? what kind of a parent hits their own kid until the bones in his face are broke until his teeth are broke until his fucking eyes are bleeding until he's choking on his own blood? how many times do you have to say "Im sorry" or hear "im sorry" or "i love you" or "this is for your own good" at what point do you want to throw up when he calls you "son"? how many times do you have to be raped before you just come to expect it to happen? before you start to enjoy it? how many times do you have to attempt suicide to get someones attention? how many times do you initate the attack to just get it over with? how tightly to do your arms have to be held behind your back before they snap like fucking twigs? how many times do you have to be punched in the stomach before ribs break? how long can you go without eating? breathing? how is a little kid supposed to know the difference between whats right and whats wrong when he does everything wrong? how does a father think teaching his son to associate pain and sex and love and hate is the right thing to do? how long can you take beatings and rape without crying? passing out? bleeding to death? begging for death? what makes a man talk another man into fucking his own son? how can anyone be so deaf and so blind as to just ignore the hurting little kid in front of him and not hear his cries and just go on about getting off anyway? how fucking perfect do i have to be to get him to love me? god i have a million more questions that i'll never get answers too, but i'll keep asking them anyways

#182063 - 09/24/07 11:59 AM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jesse,

Maybe what you need to hear first here is that you are heard, that you are understood, that others find all this as sick and fucked up as you do. If so, you got it bro. We have all asked these questions or others like them.

Maybe this will sound almost too obvious to be worth saying, but the answer to your questions would all fall under the heading of "distorted thinking". Abusers justify what they do with all kinds of explanations, but all of them are false excuses, not real reasons. For example, they will trick, deceive, pressure and threaten a boy, and then when they get what they want they will say, "I only did what HE wanted."

I want to comment just for a moment on your closing thought:

Originally Posted By: jessedawg
god i have a million more questions that i'll never get answers too, but i'll keep asking them anyways

Yep, keep asking! This is what you should be doing. Whether you get answers or not, you are saying, "This is fucking me up big-time. Please help." Keep asking for the support you need. That's what all of us need to do.

As for the answers, Jesse, I don't want to be brutal, but no, you won't get the answers. None of us will. But think about this for a moment. Can you imagine asking, as you do:

how can a father fuck his own son?

and then someone comes up to you and gives you the answer? That is, can you imagine hearing an answer that makes you think, "Oh okay, now I get it", and you walk away satisfied?

What I'm getting at here is that we don't get answers because there are no answers out there, at least not the kind of answers we want and need. A therapist or researcher may be able to explain the process of thoughts that make the abuser think it's okay to do what he does, but at every step we would be shouting out that this is total crap and nonsense. And it is. Like I said, it all comes down not to real reasons that give a satisfying answer, but rather just to the abuser's "distorted thinking".

And maybe that's the good news, Jesse. There's not a single thing in the world that could possibly excuse what happened to you. All those things you talk about above? Not a single one of them leaves the slightest blame or shame on you.

I am so sorry to read all this, but at the same time I'm so proud of you for being able to talk about them. Just remember that you are talking about your father's guilt and shame, not yours.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#182073 - 09/24/07 12:54 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: roadrunner]
jessedawg Offline

thanks being heard and understood is a good thing, i keep saying it but a couple of months ago i never thought anyone would hear what im saying about this shit let alone really understand. i can do this because of this place, feels good to be a part of something even if that something sucks. youre right even if i got all the answers id never be happy or satisfied and i know asking why and looking for answers doesnt change that it happened. guess my biggest question is "why" i even have to ask these questions to begin with. i feel kind of selfish in a way, im not the only one who has been hurt by this shit, im not the only one in pain here but why me? theres millions of kids out there born into normal happy families who dont ever get touched with this kind of evil shit. so why me? is it selfish to ask that? does it make me an idiot because i cant just accept the fact that it just is what it is, that he's just sick? and why did he have to take it to such extremes? wasnt violating me in my own goddamn bed at night enough for him? i guess not, and there i go with the questions again lol. i know, i know, i've heard "it wasnt your fault" a thousand times since i been here but still i wonder what i ever did to make him hate me so much, was it just the fact that i was born?
i know, theres no real answers for any of this and its not me who should be ashamed, hes the one who should be ashamed. but he's not.

#182079 - 09/24/07 01:18 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Jesse,

I have no words for how he hurt you. It just grieves me to think that a father has hurt his own son in such ways.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#182081 - 09/24/07 01:34 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: FormerTexan]
jessedawg Offline

all i ever wanted to do was make him happy, make him proud of me, make him love me, no matter how bad it got i never stopped trying to please him, no matter how bad he made me feel no matter how bad he hurt me, no matter how bad he scared me or humiliated me, i never stopped just trying to be his son, the kind of son that he wanted. i never once considered what i needed, it was all about him, all about his feelings and mine were just non existant, every time he punched my lights out i knew my feelings didnt matter, why bother getting angry when he doest give a shit about your feelings anyway? he just didnt care that the whole time he was destroying my world, my mind, my body and my life all i ever wanted was the kind of dad who i saw my friends with, ya know the kind on tv, the 'hey lets go fishing and lemme tell you about girls and lets watch the game together and im proud of you' kind of dad. but no, instead i got stuck with the kind who i'll never be able to do right by. why should i fucking care? i dont know. all i really know is theres nothing i can ever do that'll make him proud of me

#182082 - 09/24/07 01:46 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

all i really know is theres nothing i can ever do that'll make him proud of me

that one says it all. i've wept over that thought for years. and no matter how angry i get, part of me STILL wants to have peace with him, to have him put his arm around my shoulder and say he's proud of me. or that i did something - ANYTHING - good.

i'm sorry you were hurt this way - and sorry you still suffer. but if it helps, i understand the ache.

#182087 - 09/24/07 02:10 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: MarkK]
jessedawg Offline

in a way it helps but in a way it dont because i wish you didnt know how it felt, i wish nobody knew how it felt.

#182088 - 09/24/07 02:12 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

i know.
i wish that too.
people say it helps to know we're not alone, but there are times i truly wish i was. nobody should have to feel this.

... yeah ...

#182089 - 09/24/07 02:22 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: MarkK]
jessedawg Offline

yup, i agree

#182090 - 09/24/07 02:32 PM Re: unanswered questions - trigger [Re: MarkK]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

wow.jesse this thread is like a godsend to me. our experiences are very similar. you wrote some stuff here that i can't even say out loud yet and it really helped me to read it. how can a father fuck his own son? funny i ask that question alot and larry is right - can you imagine how fucking scary it would be if someone gave you an answer that "made sense"? i guess what i want to add is this - how does a father fuck his own son then LIE about it, claim it never happened and tell the rest of his family that his good, strong grown-up son is fucking confused about what happened? that it must have been someone else and that the son is "victimizing" him? i cannot believe i still hope that somewhere deep down inside my father is proud of me for having the balls to confront him. i tried so goddamn hard, even after i confronted him -- i told him to get therapy for the benefit of his goddamn family, told him i could forgive him, blah f*ing blah. that piece of shit still denies it. and what is so so so fucked up is that i actually thought that deep down he would want to come clean. that deep down he really does love me enough to be honest. so jd you're probably doing better than me, because at least you can talk about it. last night i felt like crap and literally took a thousand steps backwards posting that "dad says nothing happened." and signed my post "terrible person." reading you this morning feeling exactly what you feel makes me regret that. makes me wish i'd just cried instead of gone to bed shaking and fighting the urge to scream "get the fuck out of my bed". sorry for all the cursing everybody. if you feel anything like i feel abut your dad, i'm simply proud you're alive and here. right on. TW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.