Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
6 registered (MG5555, Jim1961, J.R., 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448020 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#181785 - 09/22/07 08:19 PM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: ttoon]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Never had problems with a dentist.
I do get all weird thoughts when getting a physical though.
I had to have a prostate exam last year because I told the doctor about blood in my stool/anus. Which by the way I've had all my life but never told anyone.
I was so freaked out I still feel nervous thinking about it.
He promised he'd give me anesthesia.
I went into a room at the hospital and was asleep the whole time.
I don't remember anyting about the procedure after I went in but I felt very spaced out afterwards, even when the anesthesia wore off.

Edited by rcm (09/22/07 08:20 PM)

#181812 - 09/22/07 10:19 PM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: ttoon]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Am I the only one that has a problem with these clinical quesions?

#181813 - 09/22/07 10:23 PM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: rcm]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Thought I would just chime in... I do struggle muchly with dental work and put it off as much as I can and oftentimes will choose to deal with dental pain. I've not been to a dentist for probably 10 years now. I know its bad, but I still don't want to go. In terms of medical professionals, I don't trust Doctors. I have a memory of when I was around 6 or 7 and my family doctor examined my genitals. I recall being extremely scared that he'd know what they had been used for by that time... Not only that but being exposed was so uncomfortable. I always feel so intimidated by Doctors... That could be why, I'm not sure.

Another thing I'll mention is Chiropractors/Massage Therapists. I occasionally get severe neck pain and have only once been to a Chiropractor to deal with it. The first thing the Chiropractor did is have me remove my shirt then felt my muscles in my shoulders and neck area. This only served to tense me up considerably worse than before as I was horrendously uncomfortable without a shirt, AND I had someone's hands on me!! Further to that, I'll never go for a massage because I know that I would tense up worse than if I don't go and thus it would defeat the purpose of said massage.

Cheers,
Brian

#181814 - 09/22/07 10:24 PM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: ttoon]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I turned 50 two years ago. My Dr has been hinting at wanting me to get a colonoscopy since I turned 47. (I had a sygmoidoscope when I was 45 and that was more than bad enough...)

Anyhoo, I tell the Dr I'll have to schedule a time but since I travel so much it's just hard for me to find time. So far he's not arguing. Maybe he knows the truth - THERE IS NO WAY I WILL EVER HAVE A COLONOSCOPY!

dentists don't bother me - i have "quiver-tongue" - i spray saliva - it's great watching dentists wince and jump to get outa the way........

m

#181835 - 09/23/07 01:35 AM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: MarkK]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Mark,
I have had several colonoscopys done in the past couple years. There is noting to them your asleep during the hole thing. You really need to have it done.
The worst part of the hole thing is having to clean yourself out befor hand. You will not belive the amout of crap that comes out LOL sorry for being gross But really it is not bad at all
gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#181837 - 09/23/07 01:56 AM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
lostandfound Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Singularity
Ken,

I don't feel comfortable with a doctor. Actually, my physcian knows (I told him a while back) and he is very kind, but I can't dis-robe. He understands. I think.

He's older than me and that may explain some of it, but I don't want him touching me unless it is absolutely necessary.

uggh! To have an older person put their hands on me is terrifying. How else can you describe it?

Dental? I hate the dentist the same way I hate flying. I don't like feeling trapped.

-lost

#181838 - 09/23/07 05:43 AM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: lostandfound]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

dito on flying------------------on dentist-----------------------i can not be in a position where i cant get out when i want----------------------------steve

#181850 - 09/23/07 09:20 AM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: sabata]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dentists? My fear of them, I think, had more to do with the way my dentist as a kid used to lecture me and reprimand me for not taking care of my teeth. Okay, I'll be honest. I had two horrible dentist experiences that had nothing to do with abuse, but the dentist I finally started seeing a couple of years ago is completely different. He's given me the tools to take care of my teeth, and I'm glad I went back.

The physical I had put off for twenty years was a completely different story. The physician left it wide open for me to mention any abuse before the exam began. After asking all the standard questions, he actually said, "Is there anything else you'd like to disclose to me before we begin?"

I told him of my abuse, and he acted concerned. We discussed it for a little while before we began. When the time came for him to actually check for hernia and testicular cancer, he explained each step, what he was going to do, before he did it. It helped, but it still felt like I was reliving a flashback.

It was horrible, but a couple of hours later I started to feel like I had conquered something. Of course, I don't look forward to my next one, but I'm pretty happy I went.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#181851 - 09/23/07 09:21 AM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance *DELETED* [Re: sabata]
nicky Offline

Post deleted by nicky

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#181855 - 09/23/07 09:51 AM Re: Medical/Dental Avoidance [Re: nicky]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i had the colon scope thing done ,it sucked major, i was sick all day from the anesthtic,and when i woke up it felt exactly like waking up in the closet with the feeling that something had been inside me . never again .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.