Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
9 registered (pufferfish, Dave PNW, lapchinj, 5 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63407 Topics
443321 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181795 - 09/22/07 08:55 PM The Proposal
ptsdwife Offline

Well.... he brough me the preliminary divorsed papers... : (
I'm so desapoited so sad not to mention confused...
he told me he dosent want to do this anymore ( marriage ) he dosent love me .. he thank me for all the book and the time I took to get him and even though he needs to work on himself he its clear in knowing that he dosent want me...
he asked me for his passport when I asked where his going he told me he got a free cruise ticket (some gay friends had a extra ticket ) to go on a gay cruise ???? he told me right away that he was not gay but he was just going to take the free ticket to get away ????
This is so confusing after 12 years just like that his over this.. I dont think his going to counseling, his pushing me away where all I can do is run the other way to try to protect me and the kids....
sunday was our anniversary and he left me a voice mail of Happy Anniversary and last time I talk to him he said I love you before hanging up this rollorcoaster its taking the best of me.. I spend a good day and then I'm back down trying to pick myself up I really think I can loose... I adore the man he is a great time and I want hm to be happy I just dont know he know what will make him happy ... look like our season its comming to an end ... I hope and pray for miracle .. I dont want to loose my faith but I dont want to play the fool either

Sorry for all of us, reading and posting on this site, my love and hope goes out to you all

#181798 - 09/22/07 09:14 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: ptsdwife]
LadyLuck Offline
New Here

Loc: Maryland
The ending of any relationship can be painful, even moreso when it's a marriage. However, this obviously wasn't a healthy one, despite how much you love/d him and how much he loves/loved you. None of us can MAKE anyone change. We can suggest and support, but when we chase after the other person, we're really just chasing our own tails.

It sounds to me (and mind you, I'm just a girl with a few years of college behind her) that your husband is going through a serious identity crisis. Gay, straight, in a relationship, out of a relationship, family man, bachelor, he can't seem to make up his mind.

Sometimes, you really just have to let the other person hit rock bottom before you offer a hand to pull them up.

There's something I learned as a lifeguard that I try to apply to other situations, especially ones like this:

When a person is drowning, try to rescue them. When they panic and grab on to you, push you under to stay afloat, remove yourself from their immediate area and wait for them to calm down. Explain that you're only going to help them if they relax. Approach again. But never, NEVER, let the victim turn you into a victim as well.

My instructors never meant for it to be life lesson--just a safety precaution that most lifeguards have to know to keep themselves safe. But it does apply to other situations. As much as it is breaking your heart to watch your husband struggle, you have to make sure that you survive. As long as you're alive and healthy, he still has a way to reach the surface again. If he drags you down with him, you're both in serious danger.

It may seem unfair, but you have to be the strong one; for yourself, for your children, and even for your husband. He may not ever be back in your life the way you want him to, but he will still need you. Just remember that relationships go both ways. You can't be expected to keep the whole thing running on your own. If he's not putting in his share (of love, effort, support, etc), then it isn't a relationship.

Be healthy. Be happy.

Good luck and stay strong! \:\)

#181803 - 09/22/07 09:42 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: LadyLuck]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Dear PTSD Wife:

I'm so sorry for your grief...I can only imagine the weight that you feel within. Although it may not seem like a blessing now, but maybe in five years you'll look back and realize that your husband did you a big favor. Seriously. You know the score, you can move forward now and stake claim to the endless possibilities that tomorrow brings. You have children to focus on...children that need stability in their lives.
A very wise person on this forum pm'd me one afternoon when I was having a rough day. Do you know what she suggested I do? Make a list of things that I've always wanted to accomplish, then set out to do them! Try it...having a concrete plan to follow does a world of good. Set an array of goals from simple to complicated...it helps raise a person's spirit!
If your husband wanted out of your relationship, who needs him anyway? Seriously...there is so much more to life than sitting around waiting for someone to figure himself out. Support is one thing, but sacrificing happiness is a whole other ball game. Think about it!!! What you have been handed is not just pre-divorce papers, but a preliminary ticket to a new beginning.
S-n-S

Edited by sweet-n-sour (09/22/07 09:59 PM)

cm 2007

#181810 - 09/22/07 10:04 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: sweet-n-sour]
ptsdwife Offline

Hi S-n-S

so here we meet again... the saga continues ... thank you so much for your support you have been there for me thru this past months...
You know is funny because he called me last monday to invited me to lunch and then move the appoitment to the house and I new it was either the end or him comming back... and I was nerves about bouth, it's like i'm afraid of him comming back and having to go thru him leaving again at any giving moment without any warning ... I dont think i can go thru that again and not sure that I can trust him not to do it so ... maybe to much has happend and not enough communication ( remember he told me and pretty much left a few days later)
I do feel awfull, scare, dissapoited, this was not in the plan .. life was good and puf is gone !!! CRAZY this where the best years to come... kids grown and out of the house we where going to enjoy our life and then this! ohh yes I guess i'm angry too, so many feelings .... and you know, afraid of next week because every week since different and the funny thing : this is been going on for 3 months it feels so much longer.
I so weak compared to much of the partners in this forum that they been supporting their partners for years .. well I guess I will be too if he did not leave and would have for life if he wanted me but the fact is ... Dont miss the next episode because you never know what tomorrow will bring...
even if is over I will continued to log in and check on you and everyone here ... without your support I will have drowned in many occasions ... THANK YOU, my Friend

#181811 - 09/22/07 10:13 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: LadyLuck]
ptsdwife Offline

Hi LadyLuck
Thank you for the advice and it make perfect sence and you are defenetly right about my husband identity crisis ( I think )
it's hard for me to get it ... i can only hope and pray that one day we can have what we used to have but... its nor anymore so you are right I got to let go.... easy to say .. hard to do! but I must find the strengh and carry on without him in my life.. I think the hardest part it's not having a dream-plan .. you know what I mean ... after 14 years together we had plan the whole rocking chair together and now .. without notice I have no partner for old age, I'm on my own, I got to mourn, Heal and maybe dream again so I can start a new life ... almost like if my partner has died ... Just griving for now...
Thank you for your support and good luck to you!

#181815 - 09/22/07 10:28 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: ptsdwife]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Dear PTSD Wife:

Sometimes we are put on a path that we would have never believed was intended to be our destination. This seems to be your path right now. I can feel the mixture of emotions that you are feeling. Be kind to yourself during this time. Each day it will all become a little bit better...I know this as truth.

You had said that you feel weak compared to some of the partners on his forum who have been supporting their s/others but that is not what I see...I see a woman who is very strong and courageous...who has enough compassion in her heart to find her way here to try and help.

I thank you for your kind words and feel a great priveledge to call you friend as well.

Best wishes,
S-n-S

cm 2007

#181820 - 09/22/07 11:18 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: LadyLuck]
mmac Offline

Loc: PA
Lady luck,
The Lifeguard analogy is excellent. I will read that daily for support! I am also just removed from my loved one. (he's at the "wall". This helps more than you could know.
M:)

I cannot take your steps, but I can walk beside you, if you'll let me.

#181821 - 09/22/07 11:44 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: mmac]
ptsdwife Offline

Hi mmac

sorry to ask... what its the wall?

#181822 - 09/22/07 11:51 PM Re: The Proposal [Re: ptsdwife]
mmac Offline

Loc: PA
The place where he can't hide from it anymore and yet he's too frightened to actually let go. To finally realize and believe that Now he has control of something, His entire life and he 's too scared to do it. The wall

I cannot take your steps, but I can walk beside you, if you'll let me.

#181825 - 09/23/07 12:24 AM Re: The Proposal [Re: mmac]
ptsdwife Offline

ahh... I dont think my husband is ther but maybe he is ???? like always latetly " All I know is that I Dont Know"

= )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.