Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
5 registered (Landscape, lostsoul824, Tiger1982, Bluedogone, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441756 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181792 - 09/22/07 08:47 PM Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :)
selene Offline

Loc: midwest
Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now \:\)

Saturday Evenings 6pm CDT, 7pm EDT, 12 midnight UK

What are Healing Circles

A Healing Circle is a peer support group over the internet. Peer support groups can be a very powerful tool in the healing process. None of us is a trained therapist. We are simply survivors coming together to share our feelings. Therefore, we all take responsibility for making the meetings as safe and supportive as possible.

How it Works

We use the chat room format with a few changes. One of the members of the group is the facilitator who directs the meeting. Only one person is speaking at a time. It's a therapy type chat setup where each member can ask for time to discuss their issues and receive feedback from others. Much care is taken to avoid people being triggered. In order to have a open and truthful discussion of the issues, once formed groups will be closed meetings. The circles are a chance to get a little closer to the guys who meet with you every week ,it's comfortable, after a few meetings you get to know what to expect and what each persons needs and strengths are.

Many of us didn't really know what to expect from a group setting so possibly some are hesitant to join. Please read more so you understand what the Healing Circles are about ...

Why it Works

The Healing Circles are valuable resource for everyone. We all get an opportunity in the circle that many of us don't get in the outside world - the chance to share something that is pressing against our hearts, and to get some realtime feedback from people who at some level or another understand and feel that pain or concern. In turn, we all get an opportunity to help someone who is hurting and needs our support. That to me is what helps make this community a good one.

If you want to join us Please reply in this post or send Selene or HealingPartner a PM.

Below is some more information

Our Mission Statement.

We understand that the road is easier when not traveled alone and therefore the purpose of this circle is to provide a place of safety for the friends and family of men who as children or in adulthood have been victims of sexual abuse and or assault. Here, we can express our thoughts, fears, joys, or anger and know that our voice will be heard by others who will understand and validate him as a human being. Here, the focus is not so much on the past as it is on healing. Naturally the past will come up from time to time but the purpose is to find a way through it to the healing that awaits on the other side. We will look at our journeys to see where we are on the road to healing and discuss things that work for us as well as things that do not. We will learn from the mistakes and successes of others and thus promote healing in our own lives.

Choice

It is not the fault of our loved one that they were abused but the fact still remains; but they were. They did not choose to be sexually abused. The pedophile chose to abuse them. He (or she) did not ask permission; they took what they wanted, leaving our spouses, friends and partners wounded, confused and in pain.
Together we will travel a road that is not familiar to any of us but common to us all. We will support each other and lend a helping hand along the way.

It's not our job to heal for our loved one. We need to be strong for ourselves as well as offer support and love.

This is not an easy road we travel and is not for the faint of heart but if you feel the need for support on this journey, join us.

Edited by selene (09/24/07 09:49 PM)

#181834 - 09/23/07 01:31 AM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: selene]
indygal Offline

muldoon and selene,

this is so wonderful what you are doing - wow - i wish so much i could join in - i just can't right now, my schedule just won't allow it, you've probably noticed i'm not posting as often - please do keep us updated on how it's going.

i wish you all the love, warmth, support and wisdom possible,
indygal

#182122 - 09/24/07 05:37 PM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: indygal]
mmac Offline

Loc: PA
I am very new but believe and support the statement above that it is my BF's choice to heal. What do i have to do to join? and what's it like. i''m new and would hate to be a nuisance.
M:)

I cannot take your steps, but I can walk beside you, if you'll let me.

#182138 - 09/24/07 07:57 PM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: mmac]
selene Offline

Loc: midwest
hey mmac ... i should have changed the wording around just a bit in the above statement (and i'll be editing it asap) ... the men have their healing circles and this would be for the spouses and partners of the men survivors ... i hope that makes sense ...

... anyway, you certainly wouldn't be a nuisance ... and yes, it's your bf's choice to heal ... but you need support as well ... i believe when we choose to stay with a survivor that we embark on the healing process together as well as separately ...

... all you have to do to join is send an e-mail to me or to muldoon ...

be well,
selene

#182142 - 09/24/07 08:08 PM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: selene]
mmac Offline

I'm in! what happens? overview? I'm new

#182143 - 09/24/07 08:08 PM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) * [Re: selene]
mmac Offline

Duplicate Post

Edited by walkingsouth (09/25/07 09:30 PM)

#182146 - 09/24/07 08:29 PM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: mmac]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
It is a peer support group that meets once a week. The same partners will be there every week and once the group is formed it is a closed meeting. You will meet in chat and then go to a private room where you can talk about what ever is pressing. Look for a PM which is a private message about Thursday with more details about the process.

Us guys have 4 circles going and the partners asked to have one. So it is a simple concept of peers helping peers.
Know it will be helpful for you

Tom

#182147 - 09/24/07 08:31 PM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: Muldoon]
mmac Offline

thanks, alittle timid i guess
I'll be there
and
Thank you

#182209 - 09/25/07 12:49 AM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: selene]
ptsdwife Offline

I'm interested on signing up.... = )

#182265 - 09/25/07 10:17 AM Re: Healing Circle for Partners - Sign up now :) [Re: ptsdwife]
beccy Offline

Loc: england
I think I laready signed up for this, but just in case I have to again......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.