Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#181399 - 09/20/07 11:57 AM To my friends
healingpartner Offline

Dear MS community,

It has come to our attention that some of the recent postings by Rob and myself my have caused discomfort for others here, making them feel as though they much "choose sides."

First and foremost, please know that was not my intent. Everything I have posted regarding our relationship was run by Rob before I posted it (one went up briefly, then was pulled and reposted in order to let Rob see it first). It is not my intent to blindside or slander him in any way. I have also intentionally not joined MS so that Rob has the member side to himself. I do recognize this is a male survivor site.

As for sides, the only side I would want anyone to take is for my kids. They are the innocents in all of this.

And for the record, yes, we are having issues, but we are not fighting. These are rational discussions. We do not hate each other. We aren't throwing things at each other.

I will refrain from putting out personal relationship issues on this site as I don't want to cause my friends pain. I understand this could be uncomfortable for people who know us both.

Again, I apologize to anyone who may have been hurt by my actions.

Lorie

#181403 - 09/20/07 12:05 PM Re: To my friends [Re: healingpartner]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Lorie I think that you should join Male Survivor so that you can use the F&F member side forum. You wouldn't have acess to the male survivor fourm and he wouldn't have acess to the F&F fourm.

It would be your private spot with your friends.

Tom

#181540 - 09/21/07 09:45 AM Re: To my friends [Re: Muldoon]
pain4ever Offline

I think its tough for couples to be on here....I really do.

We never had to choose side Lorie...you guys did nothing wrong in my opinion.

#181555 - 09/21/07 10:46 AM Re: To my friends [Re: pain4ever]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Lorie,

I can only speak for myself, but there was no discomfort here. You and Rob both need support and that's what this site is here for. Friends can and do support without choosing sides. That said, as Tom said above, if you want to join as a member, the F&F forum on the members side is just for us and the MS forum is just for the guys. You and Rob can both freely post in private.

ROCK ON...........Trish

#181588 - 09/21/07 01:00 PM Re: To my friends [Re: Trish4850]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's no trouble Lorie. I think all married couples have to deal with issues at some point or other. Anyway, I'm cool with both of you.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#181653 - 09/21/07 08:37 PM Re: To my friends [Re: melliferal]
selene Offline

Loc: midwest
... ditto to all of the above ...

#181654 - 09/21/07 08:42 PM Re: To my friends [Re: selene]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

I haven't really followed your posts lately (sorry!) but I feel like you guys might actually be doing a huge service to other couples (and all of us) by seeing how things look on different sides of the same situation. Seems like if you guys are cool with it, everyone else should be able to handle it, right?

#181655 - 09/21/07 08:49 PM Re: To my friends [Re: testingWaters]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

some of us love you both ,makes it hard,but if this is the only place you got and its helping then this is exactly what you need to do . shadow

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.