Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (crabbott), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#181299 - 09/19/07 09:59 PM revealing truth / honesty is worth it
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
The next time i,for whatever reason,allow my emotions,although they can be pretty overwhelming at times,to stop me from telling on myself i sure hope i dont hold on to it as long as i did this time around because it will happen again.

The last several days i've been caught in the middle of a conundrum as a result of my behavior and hiding behind the truth.

I posted on here about allowing myself to essentially manipulate another lady to show me explicit pictures of her naked.

The details are unimportant therefore i told my fiancee i did this and i was sorry and not only did she forgive me and listened to me while i was squriming to tell her, but she knows how hard it was for me to not allow the "secret" i was holding onto, yet unable to tell her because i was filled with fear.

Anyway i can't really tell you when i reached that point in my life where i decided to stop lying and face all truth in my life i can honwever tell you speaking the truth is the only way otherwise it will ultimately surface soon enough.

I refuse to hide behind the mask of i was abused therefore my behavior is justified( at least thats how i thought for a long time)

Thank you so much for your support throughout the drama i created although knowing in my gut i was wrong and knew i had to make it right,i did this and thank god i had the courage to accept whatever she said,did,as a result of my selfish behavior.

There are people ( my fiancee especially )who care for me and believe in me when i could not believe or care for myself.

I have all of you to thank only now i need to stay on the straight and narrow and continue to do the next right thing even when no ones looking.

Coop

#181351 - 09/20/07 07:15 AM Re: revealing truth / honesty is worth it [Re: thecoopstah]
Wife Supporter Offline
New Here

Loc: UK
Hi Coop,

Thanks for being honest with your Fiancee, I know how hard it must be to tell her and Im sure you will continue to discuss it in the future, but it's like I say to my husband he must tell me if he wants our relationship to be honest and happy, if you don't tell it's still there just the same as if you do, looming in the background damaging your life, just the same I think as when you don't confront the abuse, it's still there shaping many aspects of your life even if you lie to yourself that it isn't.

Well done, it can only make a stronger relationship.

#181427 - 09/20/07 01:28 PM Re: revealing truth / honesty is worth it [Re: Wife Supporter]
honey girl Offline

Loc: Midwest US
Hats off to you, Coop.
Good for you, for not rationalizing all of this, and for having the nerve to disclose your indiscretion.
The struggle is worth it in the end.
Peace,
HG

#181458 - 09/20/07 06:06 PM Re: revealing truth / honesty is worth it [Re: honey girl]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

It damn sure is,it damn sure is,stronger relationship that is.

I know honesty is the only way to live our life otherwise whose shitting who at the end anyway.

You have really helped me take a look at what my priorities are in my life.

My indiscretion was,to put it mildly,very bad.

It's behind me now therefore i have a clean slate and without secrets, i dont need to remain sick.

Coop

Edited by thecoopstah (09/20/07 06:07 PM)

#181459 - 09/20/07 06:09 PM Re: revealing truth / honesty is worth it [Re: honey girl]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

The struggle you say,well i was reeling inside as a result of the "what if'what if".....i know i admire myself and respect how i can disappoint another to be true to myself.

Coop

Edited by thecoopstah (09/20/07 06:09 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.