Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, don64, 86), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63354 Topics
442999 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#181015 - 09/18/07 03:52 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: FormerTexan]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
ah right there's no payback to the seniors here, or at any fire station that i know of, they were all probies once and had to put up with the shit too. right, its all about paying it forward, someday i'll get to throw someones boots off the 30 story traning facility too \:\) LOL good thing they have steel toes huh? it was actually pretty funny watching them fly... but it sucked to have to walk back down in my socks!

#181016 - 09/18/07 03:58 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: jessedawg]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
At my old job, we wore badges at the airport and the hangars. A few of us got on the elevator once and just before the doors closed, one of the guys grabbed my badge and tossed it out the elevator doors right when they closed! Didn't seem funny at the time, but looking back I can only laugh.

A

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#181019 - 09/18/07 04:01 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: FormerTexan]
jessedawg Offline

lmao, yea i think thats pretty funny.

#181021 - 09/18/07 04:10 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: jessedawg]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

someday i'll get to do it to somebody else ...
this is a valid reasoning??

honest question guys - i do NOT get this at ALL!

M

#181050 - 09/18/07 06:24 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: MarkK]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark these seem like they would be cruel pranks if played on people, I understand; but, the pranks are actually done in a spirit of fun and are part of the culture of those particular jobs.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#181065 - 09/18/07 07:27 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: melliferal]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
we have the same craic when a new officer joins the team in the malls, when you have the full run of a shopping mall at night the things you can do are endless, sending rookies of to fetch the good ole useless objects, e.g like gettin the long stand from the basment, or the striped paint, or after they hoist the flag in the morning telling them they hung it upsidedown and laugh your ass off watching them take it all the way down turning it around and putting it back up, even funnier is their reaction when they realise what they done (the irsh flag cant be upsidedown). or sowing their trouser legs closed before they come to get changed. my fav was puttin a load of party poppers in someones locker with the strings all tied off to the door.

#181148 - 09/19/07 08:22 AM Re: probie pranks [Re: MarkK]
jessedawg Offline

Originally Posted By: MarkK
someday i'll get to do it to somebody else ...
this is a valid reasoning??

honest question guys - i do NOT get this at ALL!

M

mark, these pranks arent done with cruel intentions and believe me when i say no one does anything or goes so far as to really hurt anyone, its just a lot of bullshit ball busting because im the low guy on the totem. the seniors get respect you know? like i said they were all probies at one time and had to fall in line, be shown the pecking order, its just the way it is, the way its always been, it might sound messed up but if they didnt pull pranks on me and remind me that my job right now is to cook, clean and haul equipment i wouldnt feel wanted there. and look at it this way, when we're on a call and heading into an inferno, i know damn well who my cap is, who i take orders/direction from and i know i can trust him, not only that but i know these guys have my back on the job. and yea some of this shit does bother me, a lot, and it all has to do with the abuse but like i said in a different post, this job is more important to me than my feelings about my past.
when i say someday ill get to do it someone else, is it a valid reasoning? yea, it is, its tradition, im not gonna hurt anyone or make anyone feel like shit mark but am i gonna trick him into standing behind the dumper so i can soak him? hell yes! not everything has to be related to abuse, not everything IS abuse, some things are just about tradition, comradere, bonding. im not gonna feel bad about it, im not going to let the fucking abuse shit stop me from feeling normal for one time in my fucking life!

#181216 - 09/19/07 02:06 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: jessedawg]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

i'm sorry - you're right of course. this is my issue i need to deal with. i didn't mean to side-track the conversation.

what matters is you're ok with what goes on.

M

#181230 - 09/19/07 02:56 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: MarkK]
pain4ever Offline

Coming from a firefighter family...well hey its part of deal ain't it....humiliating...maybe but it builds a bond that is unbreakable. I have seen guys retired for 20 years hanging out at station one just BSing with the guys. Its a bond i dont understand but I have seen it so often.

#181236 - 09/19/07 03:20 PM Re: probie pranks [Re: pain4ever]
jessedawg Offline

its tradition, makes me feel like part of the team

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.