Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cthulhu, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#180984 - 09/18/07 01:38 PM Perfectionists
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I was always a bit intimidated by those who are perfectionists, although in some ways, I've been accused of being one myself. I suppose it can be an admirable quality in certain situations, but like all else, too much of a good thing...............

Anyway, this quote popped up on my calendar today and it really made me stop and think:

"Perfectionism is not a quest for the best. It is a pursuit of the worst in ourselves, the part that tells us that nothing we do will ever be good enough - that we should try again."

Maybe some of you will find it as thought provoking as I.

ROCK ON........Trish

#180987 - 09/18/07 02:19 PM Re: Perfectionists [Re: Trish4850]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Below is another result of my $29.95 on-line Personality Profile. I post this because some of the numbers it produced - and I feel they are right within reason - really showed me how "out of sync" I am with the average.

I would equate thoroughness to perfectionism. And I can attest to the fact that it can be a ruinous pursuit. If I can't do it perfect (in my eyes) I don't want to do it at all. And I can spend hours looking for the minutia when the cost/benefit does not justify the search.

Feeling like nothing we do will ever be good enough - Oh Yeah. And giving up or not trying because "I know I will suck!" - Double Oh Yeah.

Thoroughness

Average Male 63
Average Female 72
Your Score 98

You are much more organized and focused than most males and females are. This part of your personality will stand out when you interact with other people. This is a guiding part of your personality. However you may be impatient with yourself and others.

The average male is slightly less focused than the average female
is, but with the positive side that he tends to be more flexible than the average female. One the whole, both the average male and the average female are fairly organized and reliable.

Edited by kellygtx (09/18/07 02:59 PM)

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.