Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, Mr. Malaise, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441785 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180943 - 09/18/07 11:41 AM ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
***Possible Triggers***
These questions deal with anal sex
Proceed at your own risk

Actually I have two questions and I am uncomfortable and embarrased to ask but here it goes.

I noticed myself doing something when I shower which is to throughly clean myself. It is not because I find that pleasurable. I just happened to notice that I clean and clean and wash. I also do this after going to the bathroom (number 2).
God I hope I am expressing this correctly, I am very embarrased even to type it.

So I was wondering if anyone else is compulsive about cleaning down there. It suddenly dawned on me that I was doing it. I guess the meaning, why I'd be doing this is interesting in itself.

The other thing is that I have never been able to have anal sex. I have been a top a few times but never a bottom. And I know I'd love to try it to surrender and feel pleasure. But every time (and there haven't been many times) that I've tried, I freak out. I freeze. If someone is intimate with me and tries to do it, even gently, get his penis even close to my anus I just freak out. Also with his hands, but it seems worse with a penis.

And it so frustrating to want something badly and not being able to do anything about it.

#180976 - 09/18/07 01:13 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: rcm]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
rcm,

I will tell you, I am a 43yo GWM and I have been out for about 20 years. (5 years of playing on the sly prior to coming out) I was raped at the age of 13, by an adult male. It was a very painful penetration.

As a gay male, I find many people expect gays to be focused on the anus. I am what you would call an exclusive "top". I even hate the sensation of having a very large and hard BM. (#2) I will take laxatives to avoid firm stool, but I am very self-consciuos about how clean my anus is. This has led to the thought that I should have stock in a TP company. (LOL)

I have had a very full and sometimes wild sex life, even though I am not a "bottom". I have had two occasions where I attempted to receive, but both times I freaked and put a stop to it. Now I just accept the fact that anal sex is not for me.

The one statement that you made that sticks out in my mind:

And I know I'd love to try it, to surrender and feel pleasure

This sends up red flags for me, the fact that you think of anal as a "surrender", makes me cringe. We all were victims in the past, and we are dealing with that lack of control over a situation. Maybe some of your trouble having anal sex, is that same mental fear of giving up control. You may want to try it, but your mind is throwing up the road blocks that seem to cause you to "freak".

Try and look at anal sex as something you are allowing your partner to do. This should give you the control over the act. Talk to your partner and explain you need to set the pace and control the situation. If your partner loves you, he should follow your wishes.

Just some thoughts. Hope you find them helpful.

Take care,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#180983 - 09/18/07 01:34 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: Scoutvictim]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Carl,
What is BM?
I don't have a partner
Guess that makes this harder?

#181064 - 09/18/07 07:24 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: rcm]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
rcm....

Ok.... a Bowel Movement or BM.

Also known as #2, floating a log, dropping the kids at the pool or taking a dump. ROTFLMAO

When I talk about a partner, I am not only talking about a long term love interest. I just hate to use the terms "trick" or "hook up". I would hope any person you meet, that you want to share sex with, would be willing to talk first. You don't have to give details about your CSA, but talk through what your willing to do. I know during the heat of the moment, this can cool things off a bit. If you want to have anal sex with this person, then you and he should respect each other enough to set boundries.

Good Luck,
Carl

P.S. I also love your little alligator. It made me chuckle when you made the post about the bunny rabbit. I was thinking the poor bunny, with the way your little guy was licking his chops.

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#181072 - 09/18/07 07:44 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: Scoutvictim]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok now i have even MORE questions

#181105 - 09/18/07 09:34 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: rcm]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ask away!

#181120 - 09/18/07 10:12 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: Dewey2k]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you Dewey.
So the thing with cleaning down there is 'normal'?
I don't think I am obssesed but I noticed myself this morning as I showered. I probably do exaggerate a little bit.
Sometimes I will even shower after having a BM .... because I feel I am not clean and feel terribly uncomfortable with that.

The other thing, after talking to Carl on the chat today. I think I have gotten to a point where I don't see the difference between getting aroused when surrendering or feeling power over someone else and giving pleasure.

I feel so confused. Maybe like I have been doing things one way and all of a sudden I realize there is something different. I don't even know if my approach is 'perverted'?????

#181169 - 09/19/07 09:56 AM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: rcm]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Perverted is an ugly word used to bash ourselves when we do something that we feel is abnormal or something that we feel badly about. I don't like it for that reason. We judge ourselves too harshly, often unnecessarily, and to use a word that we associate with perpetrators is just wrong.

I think you're in a learning phase where you're discovering all sorts of things about yourself. Try not to judge yourself on each item you find. Rather, make a note of them without judgment, and then look at yourself using the whole picture every now and then. I think you'll find that the things you are discovering about yourself make more sense in terms of what happened to you, and then you can give that little boy inside a break.

If you have power and domination issues, then it is something to be addressed in therapy. Some of the guys here might be able to help you, and I'll let them speak for themselves. If you can go into more detail as to what those issues are, you might be able to get better feedback.

#181174 - 09/19/07 10:42 AM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: Dewey2k]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I think you will find that your strong desire for bodily cleanliness (especially there) is quite normal. I think most of my friends would admit to being a bit excessive with that region such as you describe. I myself have gotten to the point where I don't even like to go if I can't use something to wet the tissue paper. Adding a dab of water just makes it work 10 times better. Dry paper is not out of the question but I'll avoid it if possible. My neighbor keeps a box of flushable moist wipers on his toilet tank, and those things are pretty nice.

I think as long as you are not being so excessive that you are causing damage to the delicate skin, you are just fine.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#181232 - 09/19/07 03:05 PM Re: ***Possible Triggers*** Questions about sex [Re: cbfull]
pain4ever Offline

RCM...sorry to come into this so late.

I too am a total Top....no bottoming at all. Also my partner (total bottom of course) is very clean and cleans his bottom obsessively!! There is nothing wrong with it...he has always wanted to be clean and to be honest it make for spontinaety when we want to "play" cause he is always clean. I have been with bottoms who dont clean out regularly and they had to before we "played"...its a bit of a mood crusher. Also every guy I have been with uses flushable wipes.

But on the anal tip...Anal sex is not neccessary to be gay!! I know 3 couples who do no anal sex at all...all oral. Its what ever makes the two happy and while you have no partner...when you find one he may have to accept you dont want anal. If thats what you want. If he really loves you he will be with you reguardless. I told my partner if he were to tell me no anal sex one night...ever again...i would be with him no matter cause I love him.

Just my two cents.
Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.