Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 52 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441360 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#180752 - 09/17/07 10:18 AM Weekend at Austin City Limits MF
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I spent the last weekend at the Austin City Limits Music Festival with my wife, 18 year old daughter, and a friend of hers. It was a great weekend for connecting to each other. We saw Regina Spektor, Robert Earl Keen, Ziggy Marley, Amos Lee, and to end the show Bob Dylan.

It was powerful to spend a 12 hours a day just listening to music with 60,000 other people of all ages, races, colors, and nationalities just hanging out and having fun. No one knew I was a CSA survivor - but if they did I know it would not have mattered a tinkers damn.

Yes there were a few knuckle-heads, but for the most part it was very much about love for the music. My wife and I got to connect with our oldest daughter on a level we all felt comfortable with. We talked and just had a great time.

I would put this up against therapy anytime - it was priceless! Grab your special someone(s), shut the TV off, and go to a music festival if you can.

Edited by kellygtx (09/17/07 10:32 AM)

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#180768 - 09/17/07 11:20 AM Re: Weekend at Austin City Limits MF [Re: kellygtx]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Excellent advice Kelly! Music can transform the most depressive feelings into a much lighter mood...it's powerful to play and to listen to. Thank you for sharing this awesome experience with us.

S-n-S

cm 2007

#180770 - 09/17/07 11:36 AM Re: Weekend at Austin City Limits MF [Re: sweet-n-sour]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
kelly

sounds like an amazing concert

looks like you had a blast

happy to hear and txs for sharing

#180785 - 09/17/07 01:08 PM Re: Weekend at Austin City Limits MF [Re: rcm]
Agape Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Kelly;

I'll second your motion, my bf and I did the same thing the weekend after he disclosed to me. We headed out to a music festival. I was scared a 2 hour drive and we were both not in a good place at all. Seperately we wanted to be together but the circumstances made it hard, confusion, anger, shame all of it. BUT, we perservered, we hopped in the convertable and drove off, having an incredible afternoon, picking up NEW music along the way.

Thanks for sharing!
always,
Kelly

(especially love that is spiritual in nature)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.