Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441743 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#180730 - 09/17/07 09:29 AM Just saying hello...
Jaysen Offline

Hey, I've been out of the hospital for a week and 3 days, got back to work, got some shit in order, tuned up my bike and my guitar lol.

Things are so much better.

I wasn't really sure what to do with myself without the drugs and alcohol but I'm finding good healthy things to replace all that. Going in was probably the best thing that ever happened to me, I learned more in 6 weeks than I did in 20 years. I'm feeling stronger everyday and I'm finally able to say with confidence that the abuse was not my fault and I don't have to beat myself up for it anymore. I'm not just saying that, I believe it in my heart.

Anyway, it's nice to be out and have the chance to start a new life.

Thanks for the support everyone...

Jay

#180738 - 09/17/07 09:45 AM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: Jaysen]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
This is great new Jaysen! What kind of facility was it? A rehab facility?

#180764 - 09/17/07 11:06 AM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: Hauser]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Jaysen,
Congratulations man!!! It is good to hear the hope and postitiveness in your post.

"I believe it in my heart"

AWESOME!!!

buzz

#180780 - 09/17/07 12:43 PM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: buzz_key]
pain4ever Offline

Congrats Jay!!

I am so proud you got the help you needed!

Now its time to start living a life much different from your old one....thats tough.

Brian

#180781 - 09/17/07 12:44 PM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: buzz_key]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Wow... sounds like a whole new view of the world! Congrats! So you are coming up on your 8 week Soberversary!!!! Celebrate!

dan

Marge Simpson

#180799 - 09/17/07 02:34 PM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: Hauser]
Jaysen Offline

Originally Posted By: Hauser
This is great new Jaysen! What kind of facility was it? A rehab facility?

It was a rehab / hospital where once you check yourself in, or once someone else checks you in you can't get out until the docs say you're okay. Kind of like being in jail only no drugs, no prison tatts and no sex. Oh and they actually care about you too! lol. It was great, truly a great experience. I fought it at first but gave in and accepted the fact that I needed the help, it was the best thing I ever did. The only regret I have is that I didn't make the decision and check in myself... it took a series of very drastic events that lead up to a friend basically hauling my ass over there. This is the longest I've ever been sober and it feels pretty damn good. The best part is I actually like myself. I can look at myself in a mirror, I can get on my bike and drive down the coast without worrying about an accident, I wake up in the morning with a clear head and memory what happened the night before, I don't find any tattoos, piercings or marks on my body and wonder where the hell I got them, I can eat and not feel sick or guilty and I don't feel like I have anything to prove to anyone anymore. The place itself is pretty isolated, even if you were able to break out and jump the wall you'd have a real hard time getting to a main road before they found you! lol. The first few weeks there is something I never want to go through again, withdrawl from a variety of drugs including heroin and alcohol, there was nothing I could do but just go through it, nothing in the room to hurt myself with, no way to get out, just had to deal, no choice. After that it was daily therapy and group activities, supervised lunch time, endless meetings with the therapist, nutritionist, etc. AA meetings, NA meetings... you name it. I met a ton of really good people there, a lot of sad stories but a lot of happy endings.

#180885 - 09/18/07 03:28 AM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: Jaysen]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jaysen sounds like you made a major step forward. Congrats Tom

#180914 - 09/18/07 09:09 AM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: Muldoon]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jay,

I am so happy for you. I knew you could do it - it was all just a matter of taking the decision to do what's best for you. It's so cool to see that you're on your way.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#180954 - 09/18/07 11:57 AM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: roadrunner]
Jaysen Offline

Thanks Larry. On my way to where I don't know but it's a hell of a lot better than where I came from!

Jay

#180964 - 09/18/07 12:19 PM Re: Just saying hello... [Re: Jaysen]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Awesome, Jaysen \:\)

I'm so glad for you. There will be times in the future when things can get very hard. Remember what you've learned about yourself. Remember that you are not alone. Remember the good things that are now. Sometimes it's hard to feel, but you know you can, and you know you can get through those feelings without going back to bad habits.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.