Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, Greg56, Nathan LaChine, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#180295 - 09/14/07 01:46 PM Therapy
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

As a lot of you know i have been having a lot of problems over the last couple of weeks. I have been very down and i get very intense on people.
If I'm being truthful, things had come to a head, i contemplated finishing with life. This would have been the third time i have tried to finish it all.
But a strange thing happened, a lot of you would not let go, you kept on pushing me and trying to get me to see that i had a future after this.
I am already on two waiting lists for Therapists and on my doctors waiting list. I also have a T that i can email.
I'm finding this hard, but you would not let go, when i talked you counselled me, you kept on talking until i listened
I have contacted my assessment T by email today, telling him i was not able to cope anymore. He emailed back saying that he was pushing me up the list and would contact me on Monday, with a date for my assessment.
I have contacted a crisis line that is helping me in my darkest times.
I am thinking about going into voluntary inpatient care, i have done this before, if i went back in it would be in a secure unit, until my condition became stable.
I cannot thank you all enough, you gave me the push i needed to start the process of getting to grips with my problems.
I know it will not be easy or quick, and i know i will have my bad periods, but i am determined to straighten myself out.

Thank you and i hope you can carry on putting up with me until i get my head sorted.

Backspin

#180296 - 09/14/07 01:51 PM Re: Therapy [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: SEVEN ARROWS
Thank you and i hope you can carry on putting up with me until i get my head sorted.

and even after you get it sorted out ...

Very jazzed for you! It is always rewarding to hear that someone is stepping forward and moving towards their recovery. I am SOOOO excited for you!!

#180387 - 09/15/07 12:14 AM Re: Therapy [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
MusicMan Offline

Loc: Elmira, NY
Excellent! I am so glad that things are going in a positive direction for you.

I can absolutely relate to right where you are. I've there and done exactly that! And I made it. I'm still alive and did survive. You can do this, too. You're going to be all right.

I'll pray for you. Take care and follow it through.

God bless,
John, The Music Man.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.