Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Garf, manipulated, Dave PNW, JW1230, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#183492 - 09/29/07 11:19 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Jarrad]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jarrd I have been here over 5 years and I have seen great changes on this site. I think that there is plenty of caring guys that are here to give and get help.

Lets all come together to grow stronger, so we can help all the new guys coming here through the many years ahead.

Tom

#183493 - 09/29/07 11:22 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Muldoon]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Adam I truly beleieve that there will be people here to help others in need. I never go to chat because I don't find it usefull. I will love to have this place to go to at 2am CDT when I get home from work.

This room is going to be an excellent tool for healing.

Tom

#183499 - 09/29/07 11:56 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Muldoon]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
muldoon, i didnt say there werent caring guys here. im saying that if people have problems with the site then they have problems with the people. because the site is just a empty thing without people

#183564 - 09/30/07 02:39 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Jarrad]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jarrad,

There are different types of people here with different personalities, and needs. At times they just need someone to chat with, nothing heavy, just everyday chat.

Likewise, there are times when guys need to chat about their SA issues. They only come to chat in order to have serious discussions.

My point has been, and maybe I am wrong, but if a new person comes into the chatroom for the first time and all he sees is 10 people talking about their weekends and what they are wearing, etc, he may feel, "What the hell? I can get this type of chat in any AOL chatroom. Where is the help?"

THAT is how I perceive it. I would never have come back to MS if I didn't think it was legit, and took my SA issuses seriously. This is just MY opinion. I have used this new room already and it was great! We had a great discussion about some pretty heavy SA issues.

Do I have problems with the people here? No! I just don't like being ignored or having to cut in on an ongoing discussion about some guys underwear preferences. I really don't give a damn if they wear underewear at all! I come into chat to try to discuss my SA issues and to listen to others' issues.

I also don't think this has a damn thing to do with growing some balls. I have a set already, thank you.

If the room isn't used, then delete it. I don't think it is a difficult thing to try out for a while.

#183571 - 09/30/07 03:54 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: shadowkid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Originally Posted By: shadowkid
if you go to this new room and nobody follows how will that be any different than being ignored on the main ?i mean it will be te same people you say wont be serious that have to choose to go there for you or not ,right? so if anybody follows then that just proves we really didnt need the room after all

It happened today. I went there in black-tar depression and needing to talk to someone....stayed for 20+ minutes...no one from the main lounge came up. But last night two people did follow me there. So...who knows if this will work.

#183574 - 09/30/07 04:07 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Still]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

i dont follow for i think i am imposing on someone

#183629 - 09/30/07 08:37 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: sabata]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Steve, what I usual do if I see a person in a room by themself, is to send a PM to ask if they are ok, if they want to talk. If they say they are ok, they just are taking a break or such, then I do not go in there. If they do want to talk, I do go in there. It is their choice, and I think most people would appreciate just that someone notice them and ask if they are all right.

andrei

#183631 - 09/30/07 08:41 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: ak]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks-----------andrei----------------for the advise---i never thought of that0000000000000steve

#183770 - 10/01/07 04:10 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: sabata]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

We put up the new room right away because there was such vocal support for it and it seemed clearly to be a good idea. There is still a lot to work out, including mod support, which we are trying to organize on the basis of available resources.

Please assume that if you go into the Support Room you are going in there to talk about serious abuse issues with your brothers - not why every NCAA football team except Penn State sucks. ;\) Others will follow you in there for the same purpose and you can't expect privacy - that's not what the room is about. The discussion may get heavy and triggery, but hey....

We want this room to be a success, so don't hesitate to call on whatever mod support you see around in other rooms if you need it. I was in Circle last night, but I still P2Ped to Rich to check on how things were going in the Support Room. That's a priority for us.

If you have any suggestions or concerns please PM a mod and let us know. We have already benefited a lot from comments some of you have offered.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.