Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
8 registered (royjay, JayBro, Jay1946, 4 invisible), 70 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#182715 - 09/27/07 09:49 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: krayoss]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kraycoss,

You explained things so well, the way chat used to be, when it was beneficial to us all. The way caht is now, I may as well go into AOL chatroom.

#182977 - 09/27/07 09:03 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: ak]
Power_water Offline

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
prehaps we could call it , the screaming room

#183054 - 09/28/07 04:41 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: rcm]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
To all concerned,

This whole chatroom discusion has created another thread, that seems to offer solutions, instead of just complaints.

Check out:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=182912&page=1#Post182912

Please add any thoughts you may have to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#183163 - 09/28/07 01:15 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Scoutvictim]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

The other thread has been removed, and the administration is aware of your complaints and requests. Please be patient. The administration will respond when time permits.

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#183409 - 09/29/07 02:56 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: shadowkid]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Due to member requests, the administrators have created a permanent room titled SURVIVOR SUPPORT. We hope you use it to its full potential as a tool to help focus on and aid your recovery.

Dewey2k for The ModTeam

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#183421 - 09/29/07 03:17 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: ModTeam]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

ModTeam,

I want you to accept my thanks! Thank you very much for this!!

This will be a big help to those of us who want to talk about survivor issues, but more importantly, I hope it helps the new guys that have need to come to this site.

Thanks Again!

#183463 - 09/29/07 07:25 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: krayoss]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Originally Posted By: krayoss
So along came the idea to form 'Healing Circles' whcih at first glance, appeared to me to be a 'clique', closed group(s)which then, seeking perfection (as we are prone to do) initiated all kinds of heavy-duty rules and etiquite and times and protocol and layers upon layers of things you had to be aware of instead of just the freedom of sharing what was on your mind or coming to chat with people who have been through what you have

I never saw that you wanted to be a part of any of the healing circles that have been started since last April. I don't think you have a very good idea of what goes on in the Healing Circles.

You are very free to say and share whats on your mind and pressing againest your heart. The only things that you have to do is not talk over each other, you just have to wait your turn to speak. You should give it a try the next time a Healing Circle is formed.

Tom

#183465 - 09/29/07 07:47 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Muldoon]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

if you go to this new room and nobody follows how will that be any different than being ignored on the main ?i mean it will be te same people you say wont be serious that have to choose to go there for you or not ,right? so if anybody follows then that just proves we really didnt need the room after all

#183474 - 09/29/07 08:44 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: shadowkid]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Adam,

That question (along with many others) is why the matter required some time to figure out what seemed to us to be the best way forward.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#183475 - 09/29/07 08:56 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: roadrunner]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
this whole topic makes my head hurt. can someone please grow some balls and just say "MS is how is it because that's just how it is." thats what we are all really saying. you guys dont realize that WE make up the site. so its a person problem not a system problem. we cant change the people who use the site.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.