Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (YYZGIRL, pufferfish, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63105 Topics
441300 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#180170 - 09/13/07 10:51 PM Question about chatroom
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Several of us were talking tonight, about how the chat room enviornment have changed over the years. (Not always is a bad thing). It seem sometime, there is times when all us, we go into chat, not really to work at issues so much, but to rather just 'be' somewhere not alone, and talk of rather 'fluffy' things instead of issues. That is a good thing, and all need that. You can not focus at serious issues all the time. But it can be rather sometime indimidating to try to bring up a serious issue in a room where everyone is having fun and talking silly things. And sometime, the treehouse already is in use.

There is the option of course to open a new room, and perhaps that should be what people do. But we were wondering of whether it would be good to have another room in chat for serious, trigering issues only? The lounge could remain more social, the treehouse could be where people go for a break from whatever, but there would be this room, that if you see people in there, you know it is talk only of serious issues, and you can join or not join as you wish. And then people would not be interuppted during serious talk by people coming and going in the lounge, with all the hellos and small talk that happen with that?

We just wanted to put it here, to see if it was possible, and also to see what other people thought on it.

Andrei

#180174 - 09/13/07 11:08 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: ak]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

Androsh,

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea! I hope something like this can come about.

#180181 - 09/14/07 12:25 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: FLRich]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I agree i think its a good idea.

#180182 - 09/14/07 12:41 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: theatrekid]
Power_water Offline

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
You want another room for talking about triggers?
That sounds theraputic, and cathartic
but also risky.

Would registered users who are not paying members be allowed to post comments?

I am brand new here and this is my first post.

#180189 - 09/14/07 02:21 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Power_water]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't mean necesary about just 'triggers'. But sometime when the talk in the main room is about basketball and cars and such, it is not comfortable to sudden say 'hey, I have an issue'. And just as you start to talk on it, 2 people show up, people say hellows, people get distracted, and you don't get to speak on what you most need to talk on. The making a private room is always an option. We were just wondering of whether that room could already exist. It would not have anything to do with paying or not paying members, just in regular chat room. And welcome to here, Power Water.

Andrei

#180257 - 09/14/07 10:10 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: ak]
nicky Offline

**DELETED**

Edited by nicky (04/27/08 02:05 AM)

a strong man is one who is able to control himself when he is angry
what is your definiton of control?

i lay awake another hour
just like the one before
the shadows play a game with my head
i can't take this anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x4EOw8wPBN8

#180258 - 09/14/07 10:10 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: ak]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andrei,

I will raise this topic with the administration and see what we can do.

-D2K

#180920 - 09/18/07 09:24 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Dewey2k]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andrei,

I know this is an older thread but I would like to ask a question or two, of you and all the men here. You have all heard me say before that our voice is our most powerful form of communication and the first thing taken from us when being abused. I have seen time and again men make there own subroom in chat. These rooms have a soul point or topic that they feel needs to be talked about. I find the amount of ownership and drive given by a member creating their own room more powerful then if I make another subchatroom.

lots of love always, Nathan

#180953 - 09/18/07 11:57 AM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Nathan LaChine]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Andrei,

I'm not sure what the answer is but I think you have an excellent point. I have seen it happen many times that a guy will be working his way towards talking about something important when suddenly the conversation is sidetracked somehow. I know that discouraged me a lot when I was new and I still see it happening, even with guys who have been around awhile.

One way forward, outside of chat, would be to join one of the Healing Circles. These are very powerful and positive experiences and I would recommend that guys give them a try.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#180963 - 09/18/07 12:18 PM Re: Question about chatroom [Re: Nathan LaChine]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Nathan,
I am sorry, I have read your post several times and do not understand what you are saying, nor do I understand the questions you want answered.
I think Andrei has a valid point, I have the same concerns.
If you can please explain what you meant, I'd appreciate it.
~Raul

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.