Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (0128, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448025 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#179955 - 09/12/07 11:20 PM Re: chat rooms [Re: emptydreamer]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i've decided - there are times i'm on chat where i don't want to talk - but i also don't want to be alone.

maybe i'm stupid, strange, crazy, or all three - but i see nothing wrong with not engaging, or leaving a busy room for a quiet one or anything else that helps me cope without acting out in harmful ways.

m

#180027 - 09/13/07 11:50 AM Re: chat rooms [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Following on from what Dwayne has said, I'll just comment that while the idea of a chat room is clearly to get people together, we are all here for our own recovery and need to keep that as our first goal. So if anyone needs to go to a smaller room to discuss something privately with another user, I think that should be regarded as okay by others in the main chat - it's not a snub.

Personally, I prefer to remain in the main chat room because I want to see how everyone is doing and keep up with their news and find out what they need. But if I am PMed by someone and asked if I can come to chat to talk (and that frequently happens), then I figure it's best to take it to the Treehouse or a PM. If I do leave the main chat room, I simply say that I came into chat this time because the other guy wants to talk, and I say I will be back later if I think that will be possible. The reaction to that approach by others in chat has always been very positive and understanding.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.