Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, traveler), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447937 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#179166 - 09/08/07 03:52 PM First Clear Flashback? Part 2 the aftermath
toomscuz Offline
New Here

Ok onto the way I felt after the dream.

I woke up and was amazed that I didn't feel scared or angry I only felt numb. Since I've decided to write down my dreams now I thought this definatly was one I wanted to record so I got up and I started writing in my journal, as I was writing I started to feel anxious and scared then I remembered I also wanted to copy down the times of my dreams. So I looked over at the clock and saw the time was 3:30am and realizing that time from my other dream well it brought on a instant panic attack. I started hyperventilating, my eyes welled up with tears and felt like there was glass in them then I fell over off my bed and curled up into a fetal postion and layed that way for about 5 to 6 minutes. When the attack subsided I kinda felt numb so I got up finished writing about the dream. Then I got up to go use bathroom as soon as I opened my bedroom door a rush of fear came over me and I had to go around and check ever area of my apartment. I felt like the little kid I was all over again going through the routine of making sure my room was safe to go to bed.

So after I came back into my room I layed in the fetal position on my bed and just cryed for about an hour and my mind already started to try and deny that the dream ment anything. When I finally fell asleep I never dreamed so much in my life it was as if my mind was trying to fill my head with junk so I wouldn't remember what I saw.

Next post I'm going to discuss the therapy session I had after the dream and things that we came up with.

Luke

#179764 - 09/12/07 12:53 AM Re: First Clear Flashback? Part 2 the aftermath [Re: toomscuz]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I've had that kind of experience myself, at least a few times. You're working on something right now that may not be the easiest to understand or handle. Please don't be in any hurry to know anything, or do anything more than just take small steps forward (when you can). I'm not sure what else to say. I think you're doing pretty well, though.

Ed

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.