Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
8 registered (Cthulhu, bluesky, 6 invisible), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63214 Topics
442027 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#179718 - 09/11/07 07:53 PM Not yet convicted child molester at my sons school
savemyfam Offline

Loc: Chicago
There is a man in the town that I live in that was arrested over 6 months ago for having sexual relations with a 16 year old girl that lived across the street from him. This had been going on for 3 years, so that means that she was 13 when this started. Her father found pictures of them on the family computer and had the neighbor - who was a friend by the way - arrested. This guy was the head of security at a local community college.

I know this family, my son is the same age as their son and have been in the same class in the past. I know the wife and felt horrible for her until she was arrested for "Obstructing Justice" by putting a letter on the father of the victim's door saying that this did not have to go to the police, that they could have worked this out!!

Two weeks ago there was an open house at our new Middle School and this family attended - the child molester was walking around the hallways of my children's new school - with 100's of 13 year old girls all around!!!!

Of course there was an uproar by parents, but nothing could be done because it has not gone to court and he has not been convicted of the crime yet!!!!!

So these dangerous, sick people have every right in the world to do what they want for 6 months or more until it goes to trial!!! This doesn't seem right to me!!!!!!

#179735 - 09/11/07 08:48 PM Re: Not yet convicted child molester at my sons school [Re: savemyfam]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Typically in cases like this the Prosecutor's office will petition the judge for a restraining order that is to remain in effect till the case is prosecuted and a verdict is reached at which point the accused is either convicted and sentenced, or acquitted and the restraining order becomes null and void.

It seems to me either someone has dropped the ball on this one or your jurisdiction does not allow for this kind of restraining order, probably due to a stricter interpretation of the "innocence till proven guilty" clause in the constitution.

John

#179740 - 09/11/07 09:12 PM Re: Not yet convicted child molester at my sons school [Re: WalkingSouth]
savemyfam Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hi John!

That would make sense to me, yet a friend that lives near them runs a licensed day care out of her home and there is a public park next to this guys house - so this friend went to our Police Dept. and was questioning how he could be allowed so close to both and the officer told her that this guy hasn't been convicted yet. He then very rudely told her not to make any trouble!!

I'll check more into what you said because there are many school events coming up and maybe the school doesn't know that there may be a restraining order.

Thanks John - this really bothers me.

Angie

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.