As I've said in several posts, my relationship with my mother has been the most destructive and painful relationship in my life. From the time that I was born (and my younger brother Chris, as well) she never wanted to have any children. Consequently, we were so severely neglected that Chris & I literally would have starved to death, or possibly died of "failure to thrive" syndrome (a condition where newborns die literally from lack of affection and attention) - unless my Dad's mother (my wonderful Grammy) had cared for us up until the time we were toddlers.

My mother was responsible for Chris & me being molested by her uncle for the year and a half that she had us in Washington, DC with her when she left my Dad. Again I say, she KNOWINGLY allowed us to be molested -- she didn't want to confront him and risk being cut-off from her family's considerable fortune. (In the mid-40s, her father died and left an estate of more than 50 million dolllars.) So her uncle Clyde did whatever he wanted to Chris & me with her taccid approval.

Whenever I try to describe her to folks I don't know - I have a sort of "routine" I use. Picture the "Wicked Witch Of The West" form the WIZARD OF OZ, put a cigarette in one hand and a vodka Collins in the other hand - you've got a starting point. Actually, she was Miss North Carolina in the late 40s. Anyway, back to a more de>

Edited by SECfanMIKE (09/26/07 05:23 AM)

"...rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep..."

"...for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost..."