Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63232 Topics
442174 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#179553 - 09/10/07 09:49 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: MarkK]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
cya, can't save ya Mark. Just offer a friend. If I can't do that then I failed.

What else is new, failure in my life.

Bro
Mike

#179554 - 09/10/07 09:52 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: mogigo]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
no problem of course
and you didn't fail
it's me - i just don't do well with friends that call me a liar

silly me

ciao

#179555 - 09/10/07 09:52 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

K, you did hurt me Mark, good job. Gonna spend hours going over and over again what I did wrong. But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

Just answer me one question? what are you doing here if your not dreaming?

Mike

#179556 - 09/10/07 10:05 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: mogigo]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: mogigo
K, you did hurt me Mark, good job. Gonna spend hours going over and over again what I did wrong. But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

No. It is not my hope or desire to hurt someone else. I never should have started this thread. I'm sorry for offending you - I'm sorry I opened up my stupid mouth.

M

#179557 - 09/10/07 10:05 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ya know Mark, I'm not a therapist, I'm not being paid. For the last hour all I've done is tried to give a little of my soul to another. What am I looking for Mark. Something back? a little self esteem for myself. Not bloody likely when a person with major issues talks to another guy with major issues. Maybe all I wanted was to say "hey bro I can completely agree with what your saying". And now you put it all on me, like I was somehow succeeeding at what I was doing. Like I had some kind of alterior motive that you've figured out.

Mark, I'm not going to say Fuck you. I'm really not (wink wink) but really brother did you expect me to actually know what I'm doing, did you expect me to be a professional. We're both just hurtin fuck upped human being's with no answer's to the shit we've been handed.

You say you only do what's in the best interest of other's but here I am feeling like shit. I can understand you being testy, but to do that to another that's just as hurtin.....

PM if you want Mark, I'm never one to make snap judgments.

Love you Bro, because I understand. Nothing more, nothing less.

PS: Honestly just wanted to try and help. HONESTLY

Mike

#179558 - 09/10/07 10:33 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: mogigo]
MusicMan Offline

Loc: Elmira, NY
I guess that, in response to everyone, the only way that we get our turn is to create it ourselves. It seems fairly consistent with most of us that we are used to being taken advantage of. Everyone has gotten used to us being passive, or, at best, passive-aggressive. Chances are that most people don't care about our feelings, which is unfortunate, because we are very "feeling" people.

I would say that, as long as we do what we've always done, we will get what we always got. It's easy to see and to say, but difficult to "apply". I'm feeling a little bit confident in saying that because I am becoming a little more assertive and it is making a difference. Try it. No one has died because of it for me. People may be a little stunned by it because is it out of the norm, but people do start to respect you for it.

These are our lives. Let's take them back, guys.

God bless,
John, The Music Man

#179562 - 09/10/07 10:45 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: MusicMan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Solid advice, John. Thanx.

M

#181968 - 09/23/07 10:25 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: MarkK]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I too had to learn the hard way that I couldn't take care of everyone else, couldn't please everyone else, and couldn't even expect people to be happy if I did the things they asked me to do. I tried so hard to be perfect and apologized constantly, even without thinking what I was sorry for, but mainly for not being perfect.
After a while, people around me weren't happy because, if they had even a shred of human decency, they realized that I was only more miserable for the effort of trying to make them happy. I've recognized that I'm not responsible for anyone else's happiness. If I can help other people, good; but if not, I'll live with it, since some people simply want to be miserable and complain. Those people I can live without. I owe them nothing.
Be good to yourself, however hard that might be. We need to be free to do things for others from gratitude, not guilt or shame. I can relate to having no dreams, because I have none either. Still, I think what the other guy means is having a goal of healing. Any time you can take for yourself is time well spent, with whatever you enjoy (particularly listening to music, playing or watching sports, spending time with friends, etc.).

Ed

#181970 - 09/23/07 10:29 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: copenbay]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

is this another "wink wink" moment?

#181976 - 09/23/07 10:43 PM Re: Good boys take turns [Re: MarkK]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're asking. But if any of what I said helps, that's a good thing. I hope you're not taking anything the wrong way. I'm only trying to do some good here, if I can.

Ed

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.