Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 71 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438134 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#179447 - 09/10/07 02:25 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
Jesse.
I'm sorry. This is an unbelievable memory to have to carry around. The fact that you still have to see your father to any extent is horrific. As said earlier, he is beyond sick. This is torture, pure and simple. You deserved to be loved, hugged and held as a kid - hell even as an adult you deserve that. It's really good that you got it out, though. Keep it coming. The more you talk about this crap, the less power it has over you.
take care
Paul

#179451 - 09/10/07 02:43 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger *DELETED* [Re: jessedawg]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Post deleted by buzz_key

#179452 - 09/10/07 02:47 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: buzz_key]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
thanks, this is a lot harder than i thought it would be, so easy to pretend like its all good and like nothing bothers you, hard to face the truth
no hugs please

#179453 - 09/10/07 02:59 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
"when its all that you know and you dont know any difference how are you supposed to feel special or feel like you deserve anything other than what youre getting"

I have lived this same concept, so I know. That's where the feedback from others comes in. It can be a T, or friends close by, or people here.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#179454 - 09/10/07 03:02 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: FormerTexan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
That's where the feedback from others comes in. It can be a T, or friends close by, or people here.

once you can trust that the feedback is true and should believed.

#179457 - 09/10/07 03:14 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: MarkK]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Well, I agree Mark, though I see that as a given. The alternative is no feedback, which can leave things basically at point A.

Edited by FormerTexan (09/10/07 03:14 PM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#179468 - 09/10/07 04:08 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: FormerTexan]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Is your "father" still alive? Have you confronted him? I sure hope that you eventually do! Are you still afraid of him? Is he still bigger than you? Do any of your family members know what kind of person he is?

#179572 - 09/11/07 12:25 AM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: Hauser]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I've been there with the idea that something's horrible if it happened to someone else, but okay if it happened to me. What your father did was really awful stuff, both the rape itself and the intimidation to stay silent. You do have a voice here. I know from experience that confrontation is risky business. Simply expressing what happened, and allowing yourself to feel whatever must be felt, may be enough.
Your 'normal' experience was very wrong.It's a damn shame when 'fathers' don't act as fathers should, even with their own children. And the torture from someone both bigger and in a position of authority is despicable (especially one's own father). Both you and buzz lived through things no child should have had to endure, and my heart is with you both.

Ed

#179653 - 09/11/07 12:33 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: Hauser]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
hauser to answer your questions yes he's alive, no i've never confronted him, no i am not afraid of him anymore and yes he's still bigger than me. i have a lot of family scattered all over the world, if anyone does know about the kind of person he is they never told me, most people think he's dad of the year, fire fighter of the year, MVP and all that, its bullshit, complete bullshit

#181304 - 09/19/07 10:28 PM Re: a good way to shut someone up - trigger [Re: jessedawg]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Jessedawg,

Your post was your voice to begin to stop the effect of your fathers abuse. Say it loud and clear,I WAS ABUSED! IT WAS WRONG! and ITS MY LIFE NOW! My dad abused me too, but his touch has lost its power. It takes time, I am here for ya bro!

Army

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.