Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, Obi, 2 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444486 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#179359 - 09/09/07 09:14 PM Re: My new hero [Re: BJK]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
I also love Ron Paul. I don't want to get into a discussion because I know it's controversial but I wish Americans paid more attention to what he says. If more folks understood what he is saying, there'd be real change in this country.
~Raul

#179374 - 09/09/07 10:44 PM Re: My new hero [Re: Hauser]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
oh boy oh boy

yes i have had a job before and yes i have seen just how much money is taken out of my pay check.

Can i ask you a question?

do you like having roads to drive on? Sewers to take your shit away? Help for the less fortunate?

Do not try and tell me that these things would be taken care of any other way than by our goverment.

You question my age as if me being only 18 would mean i have not experienced enough in this world to understand politics.

I have said my self on here more than once that i am just a kid and have alot to learn.... but politics is not a subject i am uninformed or misguided in.

The first 120 years of this countries history was filled with bigotry and hate.

Do you seriously believe that the first half of our countries history was seriously the golden days?

It wasnt because of peoples policies like Ron Paul's that made us great. it was because of the policies of truly great men like FDR who brought this country together and made us the super power we are today.

Ron Paul is a fanatic. some one like him is to far to one direction for this reason it is my opinion that he would make an awful leader to this country.

He believes fighting the civil war was wrong. his argument being other countries didnt need to fight a war to end slavery so why should we?

SO what it freed the slaves. it is sad it came to war (and yes i believe Lincolns reasons for freeing the slaves were not as moral as most think)but so what it ended slavery in our country.

I am a peaceful person i think the war in Iraq was a huge mistake i think people who support any invasion like the situation we are now in are a little off.

As i told you before the guy has some good points. but the man dosnt have what it takes to be a president.

you call me a dissenter. DAMN RIGHT!!! dissenters are what make this country great. the people willing to stand up and say hang on a second. are the people that this country needs so badly...

I feel it is every Americans Civic duty to stand up and speak out. but it is also our duty to respect another persons views.

Hauser next time you post something political on here and some one disagrees with you please i ask you to instead of dismissing that persons views as being to young or naive, please take a second and try to appreciate their ideas

Then build a constructive argument as to why you disagree with them.

i dont mean to seem hostile i just love to talk politics. i look forward to your reply

,Chris

#179398 - 09/10/07 08:42 AM Re: My new hero [Re: theatrekid]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i want a guy who is interested in the war against child abuse ,dont hear that discussed much in politics do ya? heh they wouldnt want to embarass by making that part of their campaign,terrorists are scary but they are not living next door ,like pink floyd said [a place where everyone has recourse to the law, and no one kills the children anymore]. lets talk about longer sentences, no second or third chances . none of these guys got the balls to stand up for the children .

#179408 - 09/10/07 09:34 AM Re: My new hero [Re: BJK]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I totally agree with BJK - I will not vote for anyone who is not a secularist.

Don't get me wrong, they can have thier beliefs, just don't legislate your beliefs. to quote a shirt I saw 'Rapture is not an exit strategy'. Hopefully we can put an end to the control of the "religous right" and I use the term 'religous' very loosley.

If I don't think a politician strongly supports the separation of church and state -they will not get my vote.

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#179414 - 09/10/07 10:01 AM Re: My new hero [Re: kellygtx]
rcm Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boston, MA
Chris,

Interesting response. That's what I like. Debating in an informed way. I'm interested in discussing Ron Paul if you are.

I find it interesting that he is the only Republican candidate that is not repeating the same old stories the other guys are. Romney's comments about "doubling Guantamano" are simply ridiculuous he man macho stuff. Well actually the only other one that makes sense in this sepcific issue is McCain who actually knows what he's talking about. The attitude of people like Romney and Giulanni are not only pathetic, but troublesome. We should be worried about people like them rallying voters based on such premises.

Another of Ron Paul's issues is regarding the Federal Reserve and taxation. That's a whole topic that requires careful consideration. With the current problems regarding subprime mortgages, it's a very relevant topic but I don't hear the other candidates going even near this one.

#179416 - 09/10/07 10:17 AM Re: My new hero [Re: rcm]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
It's all good Chris, I'm just trying to give this guy some exposure, (this isn't the only place that bring him up).

I have a different view of government's role in our lives, and how we as a country should be engaging in the affairs of other nations that we share this planet with. But I won't spend my time trying to convince you to see things differently, you had your chance already! \:\)

Child abuse.............yeah.........that's not a popular issue with the voters. But I I don't think the President is supposed to have anything to do with personal/family issues.

#179420 - 09/10/07 11:19 AM Re: My new hero [Re: Hauser]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
It is my own personal opinion that no single candidate can be everything to everybody. What if you have a candidate that has five strikes in his favor, but one strike against them, and that one strike is so weighty that you dismiss the candidate? Then there went the five good things about him, right out the window, and they could be what the nation needs.

I agree with Alan, in that there are some issues that should be left to the states to handle, and the office of president should concentrate on those issues outlined in the federal constitution only. Whether he is deist, secularist, or whatever, I'm interested in someone who will take the powers granted them by the federal constitution seriously, and will adhere only to those outlined in the federal constitution. I don't want someone who will promise the greatest largesse from the federal treasury, or someone who will promise meds for seniors, etc.

I can name specific nation-damaging executive orders that have riders in them saying only the president can repeal them, which is a crock, but reality nonetheless. I believe Ron Paul is the man for that job.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#179445 - 09/10/07 01:53 PM Re: My new hero [Re: FormerTexan]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
saw the gretest bumper sticker today:

Under the republicans, man exploits man.
Under the democrats, it's just the opposite.

i'm still searching for the "right person" for the job. just sometimes it feels like it doesn't matter - maybe it's part of my abuse speaking - maybe it's just i've seen too many broken political promises. there are things about Ron Paul that are commendable ... maybe it really is finding the "least of all evils"

M

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.