Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (Robert Barrett), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441781 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#179322 - 09/09/07 06:03 PM My new hero
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

#179325 - 09/09/07 06:22 PM Re: My new hero [Re: Hauser]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
The man has alot of good talking points but his policies dont work.

He is the type of person who would be very interesting to talk with becuase he brings alot of great ideas to the table but overall i personaly could never vote for him.

,Chris

#179329 - 09/09/07 06:51 PM Re: My new hero [Re: theatrekid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

ahhh a dissenter. Thank you for your reply though. \:\(

Chris? Quick question? Have you ever had a job yet? Just curious if you ever looked at a pay-check stub and noticed how much your own money that they don't allow you to keep.

Oh, and I'll tell you this: There WILL be some replies here that applaud what Dr. Paul has to say as well, and you'll notice that MOST of them are older than you. I'm not saying you have to be old to be wise though \:\)

One last thing Chris?

I would suggest that Dr. Paul's policies are exactly what got us through the first 120 years of our country.......and made us the greatest country on this planet, until the advent of the Spanish American War, (our first interventionist war) and all it's unintended consequences, but I won't go there.

#179330 - 09/09/07 07:00 PM Re: My new hero [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ron Paul sounds nice, but the problem I see is that, if he's elected, he'll be put in charge of a country that has made promises to other countries, promises that ought to be considered binding. It's all well and good to say "I'll make the US more introverted and less interventionist", but the fact is we've got obligations, like them or not - and simply breaking promises will not be good for us, long term. If Mr. Paul becomes president, I hope he'll understand the responsibility.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#179333 - 09/09/07 07:14 PM Re: My new hero [Re: melliferal]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

What promises? The promise to defend Japan? The promise to defend South Korea? The promise to defend Isreal? The promise to defend Western Europe? The promise to..........NO MORE PROMISES \:\)

#179335 - 09/09/07 07:17 PM Re: My new hero [Re: Hauser]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Right...we've overextended ourselves, certainly; but unless the other countries we've treatised say it's OK, we can't just break deals. That would be bad. Bad U.S.!

#179342 - 09/09/07 07:47 PM Re: My new hero [Re: melliferal]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Then I say get him in office, and have him fulfill those deals. Then they will be all said and done. We really a constitutionalist. Paul is the guy. I personally do not feel we've had a good president since Andrew Jackson.

Yes, I know. Can open.....worms everywhere.....

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#179345 - 09/09/07 08:14 PM Re: My new hero [Re: FormerTexan]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, he seem to have ability to speak what is the 'popular' thing to say. That make him a politician I guess.

Andrei

#179352 - 09/09/07 08:50 PM Re: My new hero [Re: ak]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Indeed. If he's good, that's great - but I'm wary of all politicians. Especially the ones that claim to be different from all the others.

Edited by melliferal (09/09/07 08:51 PM)

#179357 - 09/09/07 09:05 PM Re: My new hero [Re: melliferal]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

In 2001, I was vocally quite opposed to our invasion of Iraq (whether there were WMD's there or not). The reasons I was opposed are exactly the reasons we are facing today. I knew it wouldn't be a cakewalk, and I knew that American resolve is only strong as long as Americans can remained convinced that the right decision was made. So, I knew that we would eventually end up pulling out before the job was done, and that leaves me in an impossible situation. Since I didn't want to go to war in Iraq because I was afraid of what would happen if we gave up before the war was done, what possible solution can I come up with to fix this grave error? In all honesty, I don't see a way out.

At the same time, I supported, and still support, the invasion of Afghanistan.

So that leads me to believe that even though Ron Paul puts a perspective that is needed on this issue, I do not think he is the right man for the job of being president. I also noticed that the last time the Republican party invoked a tax cut, I wasn't effected in the slightest.

So, in essence, I don't really trust any politician. I especially don't trust any Republicans.

To me, the biggest issue is his stance on religion. Is he a secularist? If he's not, I won't even remotely consider giving him my vote.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.