Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445554 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#179239 - 09/09/07 06:57 AM more flash backs may trigger
fabdabcab Offline
New Here

Loc: uk
last night i come to realise that i was'nt just a victim of sexual abuse, i was also subjected to physical abuse by my dad. for those of you who dont know i joined this board a couple of days ago and have found it really helpful to get my thoughs out in writing as i am unable to speek about them, i have memories of being sexually abused by a neighbour on severall occasions, i now also have moemories of the physical violance my dad would give me, once i was made to steal an action figure by another boy at school, needless to say i got caught, the police made a visit to the house one evening and told my parents what i had done, that evening my day cam into the bedroom and pulled me from the top bunk of my bed, he then took of his belt and hit me continuously with the buckle, i could sit or walk for days, was that justified in anyway, i know i did wrong but did i deserve that. another instance was i got caught peeing up the garage wall, my dad caught me in the act and dragged me indoors pulled my trousers down and threatend to cut my willy of with a pair of scissors, then there was a time when i wanted to watch night rider on tv 'it was new to us then' he turned the tv over and i thenik i must of sweared when he did it, i seem to remember his friend being there at the time, in any case out come the belt and along came another beating. my mother always said tome i was the bad apple out of us,now i know why i must have really disapointed them. for them to treat me like that. i also remember i had to have a minor op because i was haing problems with my hearing anyway i was taken to hospital and left there on my own over night, i didnt get any visitors untill after 8 the following evening when my my mum turned up i was crying, they let me go through all that on my own i must of been around 8 at the time. is any of that right? was i to blam like they say i was? today i woke up feeling worthless, angry for the fact that i have missed out on so much happiness.

#179242 - 09/09/07 07:24 AM Re: more flash backs may trigger [Re: fabdabcab]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Fab,

So sorry you went through all of that. I too know the trauma of physical abuse from my father.

I'm just wondering who is saying that you are to blame? What are they blaming you for? Are they trying to justify beating you????...over the action figure???? If they are....they are warped in their thinking!

Rob

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#179256 - 09/09/07 09:10 AM Re: more flash backs may trigger [Re: Still]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
fab...
like rob and you...i too experienced beatings by my dad...i am VERY familiar with belts...you DID NOT deserve ANY of it...no child deserves to be abused or abandoned or any of it...only to be loved and cared for.

don't buy into that "you deserved it" crap

buzz

#179261 - 09/09/07 10:01 AM Re: more flash backs may trigger [Re: buzz_key]
des6263 Offline

Loc: midwest, US
Yep me too, beatings with a belt or even fists were not uncommon, I wonder how many sexually abused boys had physically abusive fathers? Was this physical abuse part of what made us easy targets for our sexual abusers? I was sexually abused by my older brother, I remember a time when he ordered me to go feed the dogs(this was supposed to be his chore) when I told him "no way that's your job!" I was beat with a belt by my father because I should "be nicer to my brother", according to my older sister who was there at the time, he gave up on the belt and ended up using his fists.

My older brother was always a bully, I blame my parents for setting up the dysfunction that allowed him to sexually abuse me because they never put a stop to the physical and emotional abuse, I was to blame "if you don't give him the reaction he wants(anger,crying etc..)then he will stop, just don't let him get to you." What a load of crap!

David

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.