Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#179121 - 09/08/07 09:59 AM Very strange tooth ache remedy
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
OK, so I had root canal yesterday morning on a tooth that had been bothering me for well over a week. Last weekend we were out and I had a flair up of up of pain that brought tears to my eyes. A friend who was there told me to hold an ice cube in the hand on the same side of the toothache. Naturally, I was skeptical and told him he was nuts. Nonetheless, the pain was pretty intense so I tried it. Well you could have knocked me over with a feather because within 15 seconds the pain was gone - totally and completely gone! I did the ice cube trick each time the pain flared up and I'd say it worked 90% of the time. The pain doesn't stay away forever, but I had a few hours of peace between flair ups.

I don't know if this will work for chronic pain or if it's just for an acute attack, but it does work. I don't know why and the brief time I've spent on google hasn't given me answers, but to be honest, I don't care. Give me something so simple that makes the pain stop and I'm all for it.

This has been a very odd public service announcement. \:o

ROCK ON..........Trish

#187381 - 10/16/07 05:27 AM Re: Very strange tooth ache remedy [Re: Trish4850]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
I believe the reason this works is because your brain can't process both the extreme "pain" and the extreme "cold" sstimuli at the same time; the newer stimulus replaces the old. Maybe it needs to be the same hemisphere that's processing the "pain" message for this to work best...

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#193679 - 12/03/07 10:09 PM Re: Very strange tooth ache remedy [Re: dgoods]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
well I'm definately gonna try this!!! thanks for the tip

Logan

-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.