Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (bluesky, Obi, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442035 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179233 - 09/09/07 05:21 AM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: Nyjah]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is hard, but I'll do my best.

1. I am an expert poker player. I like to label myself a "semi-pro", but I had to give it up.

2. I am a good writer, I just tend to lose focus after about ten pages of anything.

3. I am an analytical thinker. I love my ability to argue a point without letting emotion get in the way.

4. I am a political moderate. Liberals think I'm conservative, and conservatives think I'm liberal.

5. I am a good mediator. I think I'm good at looking at both sides of any issue to find a middle ground.

6. I am a good friend. Although I think I need work on my listening skills, I tend to be able to tell when a friend needs to talk.

7. I have great compassion. Though many think I'm aloof when it comes to watching people suffer (on the news and such), the fact is, I am heavily triggered by other people's suffering. At this time, I need to distance myself from it in order to prevent my own suffering.

8. I have a good work ethic. This is the one positive thing I learned from my mother. I go to work early, I stay late, I skip my morning and afternoon breaks, and I keep busy while I'm there. And yet, people criticize me for insisting on taking a full hour for lunch every day.

9. I am a good singer. Man, that was hard to say. I get criticized for singing often, but the fact is, my life revolves around my ability to sing. It is my one true passion in life, but I need to learn to let it go when people drop the perpetually horrible "Don't quit your day job" joke on me. Excuse me, but I spent ten years of my life trying to make it as a professional musician so I could quit my day job. It takes a lot to offend me. That does it every time.

10. I would do anything and everything in my power to protect a child. People who know me well on this forum know that this is a big one for me. This is something about myself that I am truly proud of.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#179382 - 09/09/07 11:59 PM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: Nyjah]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Originally Posted By: Nyjah

4. I'm bringin' sexy back. (hehe, couldn't resist)

LMAO thats funny....

you forgot to add sense of humor buddy.

,Chris

Edited by theatrekid (09/09/07 11:59 PM)

#179391 - 09/10/07 03:17 AM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: theatrekid]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hah. yea I guess.

I was listening to his song and was wondering if I should or not...

#181323 - 09/20/07 01:08 AM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: Nyjah]
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I will try this.

1. I am a hard worker, at any job I have done. I have pride in the work I do, and will do it best I can, always.

2. I was a good father, an excellent father. I was maybe not perfect, but was so close as I could get, and I know if ever I am lucky enough to be a father again, I will be good one.

3. I take very good care of my family and friends, and I will protect them with my life if ever necessary.

4. In mine own ways of ethics, I remain true to mine own honor. My choices maybe would not be the same of someone else, but they make sense in mine own character, and I remain true to it.

5. I enjoy to learn, and have had success in school, with much work.

6. Also with much work, I had more success in the sport I competed in then I should have. With many different things against my chances of success, I had much more then was expected, and I was able to enjoy it greatly, with getting to meet some very wonderful people.

7. I usually manage to have good balance of manners and standing up for what I think right.

8. I am a survivor, of many different things. And continue to.

VN

#181333 - 09/20/07 03:25 AM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: VN]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
Originally Posted By: VN

7. I usually manage to have good balance of manners and standing up for what I think right.

You are a true diplomat, very much of the time my friend. I am glad to you have you and other friends to look to for tact! (Not that I always will use it)

Originally Posted By: VN

8. I am a survivor, of many different things. And continue to.

VN

This you are, and I am very very grateful of it. Your 'survivability' is something I strongly admire, and I hope you will indeed continue to.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#186433 - 10/11/07 02:58 AM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: Leosha]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am putting this back up, because I done something good for myself today. I say 'no'. When I work hard at something, and I am told it is not right. So I work at it again, doing it all again, and today I am told again it is not 'going to work'. And instead of to do something all over again, when I do not believe it necessary, I said 'well, we will make it work then, because I am not doing it again'. I say that to someone of authority of me. Someone who have try before, and trying again to like 'sabotage' my efforts, because I am running out of time to get this done right. And I get my way of it. Finally.

Andrei

Edited by ak (10/11/07 02:59 AM)

#186468 - 10/11/07 08:31 AM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: ak]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Andrei,

Good for you! For doing what you needed to do and striving to be the best you can be, and just for being Andrei.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#186632 - 10/11/07 10:18 PM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: roadrunner]
FLRich Offline
MaleSurvivor

((((Androsh))))

I am very proud of you, mvoi brat.

#186633 - 10/11/07 10:22 PM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: FLRich]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Good for you, Andrei!

#187132 - 10/14/07 06:58 PM Re: 'Blow the horn' thread [Re: MemoryVault]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Awesome, Andrei! Be proud of what you do.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.