Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
3 registered (Laurie, Garf, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#178569 - 09/06/07 07:39 AM Re: Username. [Re: trusty]
jessedawg Offline

Loc: New York
i did a month with the fire dawg incident command unit - dawg stands for Disaster Assistance and Wildfire Group. my first name is Jesse so they gave me the nickname and it stuck.

#178585 - 09/06/07 08:53 AM Re: Username. [Re: jessedawg]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I actually picked the name walkingsouth after a long day at work where we were having some mechanical difficulties and I had to spend most of the day lying on the floor in sub freezing weather working on a machine. I usually get to spend most of my time in an office but our mechanic was out sick so the repair was left to me.

At the close of the day I told myself I was headed south to warmer places even if I had to walk to get there.

Later that evening I was picking out an email address for my now defunct AOL account and thought of "walkingsouth". I kept it and eventually used it here when I signed up.

#178589 - 09/06/07 09:06 AM Re: Username. [Re: WalkingSouth]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
hmmm ... according to my profile, my "username" is denver_mark - so I'm not sure what "MarkK" is (except my name and last initial, of course).

Anyhoo - I suppose "denver_mark" is fairly obvious and any explanation would be redundant at best...

M

#178590 - 09/06/07 09:09 AM Re: Username. [Re: WalkingSouth]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
MemoryVault came to me when I joined this site--I just felt I had a lot of secrets trapped inside me, some true, some false, some inaccessible, some distorted, and I was struggling with the question of whether this stuff was better sealed off or opened up.

I couldn't (and still can't) decide how much I want to deal with memories or just treat the past as a big black box and focus on my life now.

#178600 - 09/06/07 10:06 AM Re: Username. [Re: MemoryVault]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
When I joined last March, I was trying desparately to relate to the little boy who was abused... I was known as Danny when I was little - still am to my family - and "m" is my last initial.

I also mistunderstoond when signing up for chat, and used my real name there... I, too, am tired of secrets - so that is ok with me.

Dan

Marge Simpson

#178602 - 09/06/07 10:13 AM Re: Username. [Re: dannym]
pain4ever Offline

I chose "pain4ever" 6 years ago when i first started my healing journey. It has two meanings...

1. I thought at the time that this emotional pain from my abuse would last forever.

The second reason has to do with an incident when I was 16...I was in a car accident...driving...that killed my best friend...my first love...I carry that pain that guilt still today.

Brian

#178606 - 09/06/07 10:25 AM Re: Username. [Re: pain4ever]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dewey was a nickname I got in high school from my baseball coach. When I tried to register the name at a webmail provider in 2000 some time, and the name was taken. So I added a 2k to the end, as in Y2K, or 2000. I've had the alias since.

#178613 - 09/06/07 10:42 AM Re: Username. [Re: shadowkid]
kellygtx Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Hey All -

I just put together a name when I signed on for the first time - never knowing how much I would get from this sight.

I would like to change my screen name now - and my chat name to be the same. How can i do that? Can it be done??

Any help would be appreciated...

Kelly

The time is always NOW. Breath In. Breath Out. Move On.

#178765 - 09/06/07 07:46 PM Re: Username. [Re: shadowkid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

this has turned into a pretty awesome discussion. Thanks, Nyjah, for starting it...and thanks to everyone else for contributing.

I feel kind of uncreative after reading many of the other responses.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#178770 - 09/06/07 07:55 PM Re: Username. [Re: BJK]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Bryan,

I think my friend "EGL" will especially appreciate your member name.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.