Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443446 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#178472 - 09/05/07 08:11 PM Re: Username. [Re: shadowkid]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
mine is my real name...not very original, huh?

#178475 - 09/05/07 08:19 PM Re: Username. [Re: shadowkid]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

My first user name here was jims_recovery.

I changed it to healing_inside because that is something i desired to see happen to me.

It also is constant reminder that healing is happening inside be it painful and slow.

-Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#178531 - 09/05/07 11:37 PM Re: Username. [Re: healing_inside]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
my user name is my innitials reversed followed by my first name - seems simple enough - but it's kinda symbolic to me

the reversed initials represent the messed up (backwards of the way it should of been) way I was raised for 18 years

the j in jeff is not capitolized on purpose - it is a reminder to myself that the little me is still inside of me

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#178532 - 09/05/07 11:42 PM Re: Username. [Re: TJ jeff]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

Shortened nick name I've had since grade school:

frog-eyes : Frog

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#178540 - 09/06/07 12:42 AM Re: Username. [Re: Frog]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
General Hauser was the only German General during WWII that defied one of Hitler's direct orders (Do not surrender Kharkov, fight to the last man) and was not executed or relieved of command for fleeing the city before it was cut off and surrounded by the Russians.

He COULD have bowed to his authority, but he DEFIED it and LIVED to fight future battles. He had GUTS......misguided as he was, and was admired by the men he commanded. He had a nickname: "Papa" Hauser. He was like a father figure to the fighting men in the German Army, who's lives weren't worth very much on the Eastern Front.

Incidentally, I ran across my 2ond grade classroom picture, and in it is a girl named "Peggy Hauser", I DON'T REMEMBER HER, but she's sitting their right next to me, weird. I wonder what became of her. I hope she's better off than me.

#178543 - 09/06/07 01:09 AM Re: Username. [Re: Hauser]
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
It's a diminutive of my first name, Roman-ized. I think normally people would spell it 'Lyosha' in Roman alphabet, but then it is pronounced 'Lie-osha', and that just annoys me.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#178553 - 09/06/07 01:36 AM Re: Username. [Re: Leosha]
brokensoul Offline

I guess mine is just the way that I feel and have felt since my teen years. My SA is only part of it though. There have been many times and many ways that my soul has been broken.

But don't let it fool you I'm putting the pieces back together with some strong glue and even a bit of crazy glue. Though the fracture lines surely show I'm plenty strong enough to hold together.

Brokensoul

#178556 - 09/06/07 03:49 AM Re: Username. [Re: brokensoul]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey, I forgot to put this, but if you don't feel comfortable telling about your username, please don't feel pressured to answer.

#178557 - 09/06/07 03:58 AM Re: Username. [Re: brokensoul]
Ikelives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
Dwight David Eisenhower was elected President about the time I was born. Dwight David was to have been my name and was changed to Irvin Dwight as my mother could not stand anyone thinking that she had just simply named me after the President. So then I end up named after my paternal grandfather named Irvin, of course. The one who would verbally abuse and rape me for at least a decade.

As you may know, Ike was Eisenhower's nickname and you could say, he changed history for me and my name is Dwight too. I was originally on this site as Ike, then my computer crashed and it was some time before I came back on the site, I could not remember how to enter as Ike so I was told to set up a new user name and so Ikelives is born. "Lives" came about due to the fact that I was unsure if I would live through childhood, but I did and I still live.

#178566 - 09/06/07 05:58 AM Re: Username. [Re: Ikelives]
trusty Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Indiana, USA
I'm the youngest of 8 kids, and because of my abuse, I think I worked so hard to never do anything wrong...I always wanted people to know that I was trustworthy (I failed, of course). So, when I came to this site, I was afraid to post my real childhood name nickname, "Rusty," so I went with "Trusty." In the chatroom, I'm REJ, which are my initials. And, slowly, I've been using my actual name, "Russ," so I know everyone is probably really confused why all these people are the same person.

Well, at least I can say that this place is a blessing to me and not so scary anymore. Thanks to all of you for that...

Love,
trusty/rusty/rej/russ

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.