Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (whiteflag, lapchinj, Observador, Ocellaris, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#178410 - 09/05/07 04:08 PM Username.
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

How did you guys pick your usernames?

Alex helped me pick my new one, he inspired me to change it from Demonboi to my name which is Nyjah. \:\)

#178411 - 09/05/07 04:10 PM Re: Username. [Re: Nyjah]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

I did not pick it. I was not able to sign up, for some reason, me and my friend tried lot of times over a week or such, to get me registered. Finally, one of the moderaters (I think) say to send to them the information and they would register me. I was going to register under 'androshkarova', which is a nickname. But I think he think it was my full name, so register only the initials, AK. It is strange, they are initials, but they are not even my real ones, except the A is right.

Andrei

#178413 - 09/05/07 04:13 PM Re: Username. [Re: Nyjah]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I grew up partway in the state of Texas. I never considered myself a true Texan in any sense, but since I lived there, and that's where a lot of abuse garbage happened to me, I figured it would make a decent-enough name for me on the site. The year I left Texas was also the time I stopped calling myself "Andrew."

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#178415 - 09/05/07 04:17 PM Re: Username. [Re: ak]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
The old "Roadrunner and Coyote" cartoons were my favorites when I was a boy and I continue to get a kick out of them. My family still gets me Roadrunner T-shirts, mugs, stuffed animals, etc., and there are a lot of happy memories there. My sister Cathie and I especially used to just sit laughing hysterically as poor Coyote fails again.

Cathie has helped me a lot all through my recovery, and when I registered here and was thinking of a user name, "Roadrunner" seemed the obvious choice. When I told Cath I had come here and registered, I asked her to guess the user name I had chosen and she laughed and said, "Roadrunner of course!!!!" \:D

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#178417 - 09/05/07 04:21 PM Re: Username. [Re: FormerTexan]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
The year I left Texas was also the time I stopped calling myself "Andrew."

Andrew? Andrew????? Hmmmmmmm.

Nope. No way. The guy I know is 100% through and through "Andy". ;\) That so totally works!

Much pondering,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#178419 - 09/05/07 04:29 PM Re: Username. [Re: FormerTexan]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Nyjah,

Well, when I first came here, I wanted to tell my story and I thought the best way was to lay it on the line. I am a victim of abuse through the scouting program. So, hence the name.

The funny thing, when I first signed on to chat, I had a blond moment, and misunderstood the sign up screen. So now I go by two different names. In chat I am known by my real name. I don't mind, because I am tired of keeping secrets.

So that is the story.

TTYL,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#178447 - 09/05/07 07:28 PM Re: Username. [Re: Scoutvictim]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

sabata----------------------look up spaghetti westerns-----------name of a gun fighter----------------steve---------------------------

#178456 - 09/05/07 07:44 PM Re: Username. [Re: sabata]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Well mine I'd say is obvious enough..

But Irishguy comes from the fact that I am an Irish guy, plus it kinda has ring to it.

Dean.

#178464 - 09/05/07 07:53 PM Re: Username. [Re: irishguy]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

BJK are my initials.

The B stands for Bryan.

The J stands for John.

(which explains my chat name bjohn13)

The K, I'll keep to myself even though, for the record, I know of two other people in the US who share my exact name, one of whom used to live in my city. There is a third with a slight variation on spelling.

I've gone by all of these names at one time or another. In my personal life, I tend to go by my last name mostly because I work with a Brian, a Bryon, and two Ryans.

I like to go by Bryan here (though "John" is quite acceptable).

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#178467 - 09/05/07 08:01 PM Re: Username. [Re: BJK]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

when i was a kid i was my brothers shadow ,=shadowkid

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.