Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447641 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#177761 - 09/02/07 03:41 AM Sorry if this has been cover before.
brokensoul Offline

Ok Bare with me It is late or early depending on how you look at it. I sometimes suffer from insomnia and this is one of those times.

Anyhow I'm sitting here watching CNN and their is still all this talk about the Idaho senator. For some reason the thought ran across my mind. He was arrested for a crime that they thought he was going to commit with a consenting adult. But a few weeks ago there was a guy whom admitted that he liked young girls. He took pictures of them and put them up on his web site telling other lowlifes where the best place to go to find young girls. But he could not be arrested because he had not yet broken the law. Ok they did finely arrest him on trespassing. How does the law ride the fence like that. I'm so lost what does this mean about us as a society. It is more important to bust adults having consensual sex in a public place then to protect our children against sexual predictors?

Maybe I'm missing something like I said it is late maybe my brain is not working right. If you have any insight I would love to hear it.

Take care all.
Brokensoul

Edited by brokensoul (09/02/07 03:59 AM)

#177783 - 09/02/07 10:18 AM Re: Sorry if this has been cover before. [Re: brokensoul]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
BrokenSoul,

As I recall, the difference would be that the senator actually did proposition another guy in a public toilet, which is a crime against "public decency" in every state, I would imagine.

But the other guy talking about young girls was - according to the law - talking about crimes but not yet committing them. That's not a punishable offense in law, I think, until the guy actually begins to plot with others in a way that involves real plans and real victims. That is, if I fume on the net about how certain kinds of people ought to be killed, that's not against the law. But if I actually conspire with other people to go out and kill others, then I have broken the law.

I think what this shows is that law always lags behind where society stands on any given issue. The legal problems posed by the Internet are only not being met with effective workable legislation, which is incredibly difficult to formulate and execute, and even more difficult to enforce.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#177946 - 09/03/07 01:54 AM Re: Sorry if this has been cover before. [Re: roadrunner]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I agree with Larry. The law is behind the times. Since Columbine, every threat of violence is taken seriously. So why is it so different with people who talk about committing sex crimes? Perhaps it's only because the stinking ACLU fights for the so-called rights of predators (and I hope I'm not out of line for saying that, or should I place 'allegedly' between ACLU and fights?).

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.