Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
4 registered (Shyshark, Logan, Bardo, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446767 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#178219 - 09/04/07 01:40 PM Re: Telling is healing.... [Re: roadrunner]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Larry,

I've had a lot of great and happy times on chat, so I'm working on new memories.

I just hope the people on there with me are having as great time also.

TTYL

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#181142 - 09/19/07 02:43 AM Re: Telling is healing.... [Re: Scoutvictim]
Scoutvictim Offline

I'm sorry....

This may be unethical...but I have talked to many guys in chat and wanted to share this again. We get so many new guys that I think will benefit from this, I have just got to do this.

So BUMP....

Forgive me for this...

Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

#182613 - 09/26/07 11:10 PM Re: Telling is healing.... [Re: Scoutvictim]
Pete2004 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina
Carl:

thanks for the "bump" Reaching a goal concerning CSA does help free up some room to deal with the multitude of other issues which piggy back on CSA... thanks for sharing your experience.

Peter

comes back into our own. (Edwin Markham)

#183023 - 09/28/07 12:23 AM Re: Telling is healing.... [Re: roadrunner]
jf Offline

sv thanks for doing for me what was done for you. great chat man thanks for listening

j.

#197654 - 01/02/08 04:22 PM Re: Telling is healing.... [Re: jf]
Scoutvictim Offline

This is an update...

I have now spent the last four months celebrating this new found wisdom.

As I said in the original post on this thread, Telling Is VERY Healing. The weight of our secrets can be very debilitating. The more I try and keep this secret, the more it eats away at my soul.

I have talked openly about my past, with many people, but I always left out the details. Since my enlightenment, I have begun to share some of the less grisly details.

I have found the people who I interact with to be so much more understanding of my quirks and mood swings. These friends now offer a helping hand, and are always willing to listen when I just need to spout off. The funny thing about their reacton was the lack of surprise. I guess the people I call my friends always knew something was "wrong with me", but I never gave them the credit or confidence to share. I now know they are true friends, and they will always be there for me.

With out the realization of the healing power of telling, I think I would still be living a lie. When you keep secrets, you build a wall that even your friends cannot penetrate. That barrier will keep most people away. The distance between you and your spouse/friends/co-workers will continue to make you feel lost and alone in this world.

I would like to encourage everyone to begin to share your secrets. Talk to someone! If it is on this site, friends, family, therapist or even a co-worker, please set the secret free. It can do wonders for your friendships and relationships.

Telling has begun the healing for me.

Luv ya all,
Carl

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.