Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (Shyshark, finallyhere), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63779 Topics
445394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#177604 - 09/01/07 10:43 AM Control, let me count the ways.
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I just came across this link and had to post it. To say the least it is a wonderful read.

Have a great weekend guys,

http://www.coping.org/victorious/letgovic1.htm

Edited by John Oarc (09/02/07 08:40 AM)

#177740 - 09/01/07 11:32 PM Re: Control, let me count the ways. [Re: John Oarc]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hmmm......

I don't see a link....

#177772 - 09/02/07 07:44 AM Re: Control, let me count the ways. [Re: WalkingSouth]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

http://www.coping.org/victorious/letgovic1.htm

Thanks John, I was walking out the door, heading to Mississippi for the weekend and got in a hurry.

Sorry guys,

#177773 - 09/02/07 08:03 AM Re: Control, let me count the ways. [Re: John Oarc]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is such a life changing event, my knowledge regarding God and letting go is growing daily almost at a rate that I can't keep up with. It is strange and great at the same time, uncomfortable yes but in a good way. I am so calm and relaxed, something I am not used to, the real me is coming to the surface and it is wonderful.

Give it to him, let go and experience the ride.

#177775 - 09/02/07 08:27 AM Re: Control, let me count the ways. [Re: John Oarc]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

#177793 - 09/02/07 12:57 PM Re: Control, let me count the ways. [Re: John Oarc]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I can't express how much I have changed in just a few weeks, even the first day.

I looked for sites that may explain the experience that I am having but I couldn't find any so I thought it would be good to document it here.

I am very relaxed, my mind is not racing with how to manipulate the next moment thoughts. I had no idea I was doing that until I quit. My children, my wife, my friends, the world was not acting according to my plan of how it should be and it drove me crazy. Now it is so simple, so free from stress it is not my responsibility to make anything happen.

This relaxing state of mind is not easy to accept, I have been controling everything since the CSA, over thirty years of this and anyone can understand why it feels strange to change. Not worrying about tommorrow, the next second, etc. is like telling a hurricane to stop and in the blink of an eye it does. Its so crazy how my mind is so free to just relax. I have been doing just that too, I guess my body is so tired from trying to run the universe that it needs a rest. I never slept during the day and now I doze off on the couch completly relaxed waking up refreshed without feeling guilty for napping.

At first I thought I was losing my mind, so strange the thought of letting go of the control that it didn't feel right to let it go. Two days of feeling a bit out of my mind was difficult but the third day it felt natural and I felt very comfortable.

Today I am so happy to be alive and free that I just cant stop talking about it. I don't however feel the need to make people see this, I'm not disturbed if no one replies with a life changing event, hoping however someone does get a blessing from it but not a must like before.

My day is great because I am alive in Jesus, not because of what takes place that day. I'm not hoping for my day to turn out like I want it, I am just letting Jesus flow, it's his day to do what he will, I am just along for the ride and that makes it so exciting I want to shout it to the heavens.

Thanks for listening guys,

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.